I need name suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need name suggestions

Post by gbste on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 pm

It's a long, complicated story, but I have a new foster kitten this evening. He is about 9 weeks old. He's a little tuxedo guy, long haired. He's in really rough shape right now. He almost starved to death, he has a nasty eye infection, and he is pretty dirty still. He's been to the vet and had fluids and vitamin B12 shots, along with antibiotics. I'm totally out of name ideas, and this little guy deserves a good name. Any suggestions?
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Re: I need name suggestions

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 pm

How about Ascot, while he was not in that rough a shape when he came to me long
ago, he wasn't in that great a shape either. It will be a year the 17th that he crossed the
Bridge. Still he was very elegant with Ascot. Or how about White Tie, you could just call
hime Tie.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Maybe "Tuck" would do. It kinda sounds like Tux (which he is) and evokes Tuck Everlasting, a rather beautiful story about living life, however long. Plus, you can tuck him into his blankies while he's recovering, and tuck him into your love as long as he's with you. I've no doubt he'll make his true name known to his forever family once he finds them, but I agree he needs a good "barn name" while he's with you. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 pm

That's a wonderful idea. I've never seen Tuck Everlasting, I gather you
recommend it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 am

I like Tuck. I haven't seen the movie either, but the name is just great. (And, Sue, I also love the tribute paid in your suggestion. Cool )
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 am

I like all the name suggestions so far, thank you! I'll see which names I can get by my significant other this evening. He already nixed "Blizzard" yesterday.

The little guy is hanging in there, although he developed diarrhea in the night, slept through it, and had to be cleaned up this morning. His eye looks much better, and I gave him some Albon, so I think he just isn't used to having food; we'll have to go slow. He needs a good, soaking bath, but I want him to gain a little strength first. I might have to do it tonight regardless. We'll see how much of his breakfast stays on the inside.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm

A variation of the name would be Tucker, as in he tuckers you out with all the care he needs right now. Or how about naming him after Gene or Kelly (after Gene Kelly the movie dancer), or Astaire (after Fred Astaire)?

He sounds like a lil fighter though, to go through all he has and is still hanging in there. I hope he gets a great home when he finally ready, he deserves it after this rough start in life.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 pm

So far I like Tuck (Tucker), and Kevin likes Fred Astaire. I think I'll try out both names on him for a day or so and see which one fits him best. I kinda like the idea of a cat named Fred for some reason. (Astaire wore the tux more often than Kelly did.)

I think I'll go ahead and bathe him this evening if the Albon is working. I think he'll feel better if he's clean. He purrs while I wipe him with a damp cloth, but he's dirty beyond the power of a damp cloth.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Gene Kelly was almost always dressed more casually than Fred Astaire. I like Fred. Not a handsome man, but he sure looked good in those tuxedos!
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I hope the bath goes well enough, I agree he'll probably feel MUCH better when he's finally good and clean.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Little Freddy cleaned up nicely, but this morning I found that he messed himself in his sleep. I quickly wiped him down w/ kitty wet wipes, but he'll need his backside washed this evening. Didn't have time to wash and dry him this morning, and didn't want to leave him wet. He uses the litterbox fine when he's awake, but he doesn't have much control in his sleep. The diarrhea is clearing up, so once that's all better, I'm hoping he'll be able to sleep through the night.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:21 pm

oh poor little kitty....too bad they don't make tiny tiny kitty 'over nights'Wink
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Kitty Overnights would be just the thing, especially for a long haired kitty. What a mess!
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 pm

oh geez i forgot he had long hair! does he stay in one position once he's asleep? hmm...i'm trying to think of something you could use as a sort of diaper for him until things get better. i know they make diapers for preemie babies and some of them don't weigh a lb. a kitty butt can't be smaller than that. (but i wouldn't know where to get them) maybe some of those really soft strong paper towels cut to shape and taped together?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Sounds like he's Fred Astair now -- great name! I'm sure you'll have him dancing in no time! Very Happy Poor little darling, I hope his dire-rear clears up fast. Regular decent food should help enormously. He probably needs to be wormed, but that can happen when he's a bit stronger.

Good luck, little Freddy! I love you You're in wonderful hands!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I like Freddie, good name. Very Happy As his lil system gets used to the food you're feeding him the diahhrea should clear up on it's own. Is he getting more active now, how's the eye?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 pm

He is a little more active, and even a little feisty at times, but he still sleeps a lot, and the digestion issues are still giving him trouble. His eye appears much better. He likes to have a little lap time, but then he wants to get back in his crate and check on his food dish.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Do you think an eighth or quarter teaspoon
of yogurt would help?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:55 am

Yayee Smile He's showing an interest in his food Smile!!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Freddy had a nice normal poo this morning, but he peed on his bedding for some reason. Don't know what's up with that. I'll probably start with the wormer tomorrow, and give him another bath today. His eye is looking pretty good this morning. I will probably try a little yogurt in his food, since that can often be helpful. He's on Amoxi drops still, and that can wipe out the good bacteria, plus he could use the calcium.

He's always been a good eater, but it was going straight through him for a couple of days there. We're trying lots of smaller meals, along with the Albon.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Sounds like progress to me. If he has a UTI making him pee inappropriately, hopefully the Amoxicillin will cure that. I think a little plain yogurt couldn't hurt!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 pm

That's what I was thinking, a UTI. Just hope the antibiotics don't bring back the diahhrea..............

Glad to hear the lil guy is getting better. I'd love to see a pic of Freddie.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

I was thinking I'd try to get a picture of him this afternoon. From his "good side" he's getting to be quite cute. His right eye is still a little squinty, and he has a little bald spot down the right side of his nose from all the discharge from that eye. We'll see if we can get him to pose for us.

This morning he even wanted to play a little bit, so he's coming along. I've been leaving his crate open at times, but he stays in there anyway. He doesn't want to get too far away from his bed and his food dish. He slept on my lap for a couple of hours yesterday. Arlene and Errol slept there too, but Freddy was wrapped up in a sweatshirt, so they mostly left him alone. He woke up briefly when the little dogs were whining at him, hissed at them, and went back to sleep.

I've stopped giving him Albon, so we'll see how things go at that end. He probably has a couple more days of Amoxi left to go, and I'll keep up the eye drops as long as he needs them. I am guardedly optimistic about his outlook.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Well everyday that he hangs in there improves his odds. Glad to hear
that he is mending. ((((((((((MORE HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 pm

i'm wondering if a little pureed rice might help with the diaheria? as for the peeing.....nobe does that sometimes...we think she might get caught up in her bedding (she really gets under the blanket when i put one in there)and not be able to get out in time. has he done it more than once or last night the first time?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum