What's on today's agenda?

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by WarriorNY on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm

I started Lady Sia today. A Game Boy Advance game that was released all the way back in 2001. I got it at GameStop for $1.99. It is a platformer and has a female warrior as the main character. COOL! Very Happy
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 am

I am going to see the King Tut exhibit in Times Square today! Cool
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am

"Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia...
...Buried with a donkey. He's my favorite honkey!...
...King Tut...Funky Tut"

I'm jealous Warrior. You'll have to give us a report.
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:50 am

I've gone to see the Tut exhibit both times it came to Chicago. It's tremendous. The most recent visit, they said they weren't allowed to bring the solid gold burial mask any more, due to the risks involved if it were to be damaged or whatever. That was a disappointment, but at least I was able to see it once - back at the time when the Steve Martin song was NEW!
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Wish I could've seen the exhibit. I remember that song very well..............

Already read the want ads in the shopper and newspaper, cleared out the accumulated email, checked the weather report, and come in here to catch up on the latest news. Home for lunch, dishes, sort some papers in front of the fan (that should be a challenge to do!), over to mom's to help her set up an email account and have dinner (she's cooking chicken so guess who'll be guarding it?).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm

The exhibit was so cool. farao There were things in there from his father's tomb and other relatives. I saw many statues, jars and boxes and more. The final room had an extact replica of his mummy. I learned things about his father's reign and about Tut's life. Did you know he had six older sisters?
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

poor king tut's sister...nobody even remembers they had names..if they knew he had them!(I sure didn't!). ...i was in MI back when it came around the first time and much more into Steve Martin than the person he was singing about. (I'd rather see that exhibit where they should the people who are cut up so you can see their muscles etc....its in NYC but i can't remember where....not super into it...but it sounds interesting.(like the Mutter Museum in PA)

i did the usual 'day of work' stuff today. tomorrow i might actually go to the library.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm

I am so jealous. I would have loved to have seen
that exhibit. I didn't know he had sisters.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 am

I knew he had sisters but not that they were older.

Woke up early because of the thunder and lightening, and couldn't go back to sleep. Couldn't get much in on tv either since the weather was messing with the antenna reception. Rode the bike to the library, read one newspaper (they haven't put the others out yet), use the computer, home for lunch and probably a nap if my neighbors are quiet enough for that. Dinner at mom's again, this time chicken n noodles with the leftovers. And most likely velcrocat again for the evening.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26 pm

work, catching up on the board and home in a few minutes
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:15 pm

work,library,kmart (got some juice for $1...GOOD juice for $1 so i splurged on three),Trader Joes (the best and cheapest fruit...even the dried kind), the bank( got a check from one of the survey places so i actually have a few bucks to buy real food this week!),regular grocery store and home(for three days...so i can tell ya what i'll be doing for the next three days..or at least where i'll BE for three days!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Got up early again, gotta get readjusted by about an hour for going back to work in 3 weeks................had a light breakfast, fought to get the tv channel in for the weather report. Off to the library to read the newspaper, use the computer, home for lunch before the huge storms hit here. Dinner is at mom's again (leftover noodles) with watching something at Brads (probably some more Greatest American Hero--anybody remember that show from the early 80's?).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:23 pm

those storms must be the ones that they are saying will be here either today or tomorrow. we could use the rain and it can rain here as long as i don't have to walk in it!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:44 pm

work today then home to do some sorting/clearing out
I want to see the Tut exhibit. I've got to see if I can afford it though.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

I saw an article on line about how they assembled
a chariot that they had on display.

Today's excitement was I defrosted my fridge.
Boo is overjoyed. She has spent most of the
day parked in front of the open door.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Warrior have you finished the game yet?

LK look around the net and see if there might be some sort of discount tickets or maybe special discounted times? for the exhibit. i don't remember how much it was but i did see the prices when it first came to nyc and was shocked. but then,i've never been to something like that and i'm pretty cheap!

i spent part of the day trying to look phone #s up as the reverse phone # look up. i had calls coming from someone i don't know and i don't pick up the phone unless i know where its coming from. (and only about 6 people supposedly have this # and it wasn't a call coming from PA or NY...which cuz it down to maybe 3 people it could be and it wasn't them:) ).i wish cell phones would show people's names....i know the wireless phone upstairs does that.
besides,i have no reception down here so whoever it was i'd have to call back. (i don't think i want to call back a sales call!).....just in case anyone i here ever calls me (just give me your # ahead of time so i'll know its you!) you'll wind up getting hung up on or 'lost signal' or whatever cuz if i pick it up there's no reception and i have to go outside into a certain spot in the driveway to talk:)
(gawd that was a long explanation! but just in case....)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Well if they didn't leave a message it must not have been
important.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm

read a lot today...trying to finish up the Odd Hours book before i go to sleep tonight. i spent about an hour or so sitting out side reading, it didn't seem hot while i was out there and i drank three big glasses of 'organic' newman's own tea. not long after i came inside i was so sick i thought i had the flu. but feeling better now and hope to stay that way.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Trying to get caught up on nearly everything here since the library had the computers off all day for the kids programs. Things sure do pile up in only one day when you don't have access...........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:23 pm

well, finished one book and hope to finish another....doing laundry and making up tea and water bottles to take to work the next couple days. (I make up as many bottles as i have and freeze 'em...if i try to use the same tea for two days it gets a sort of 'mother' in it...but if i put it in the freezer it stays fine for two days).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Mom got some vouchers for use at a farmer's market in Rockford, so we drove out there this morning. We found only one vendor took the vouchers and all he had was a small card table for a booth. Had a whole whopping: 5 ears of corn, 6 small onions, several tomatoes, and a couple of weird looking squash. Not enough to use the entire voucher and you don't get any change. Very disappointing. There are a couple of other farmers markets, all on different days so you can't go from one to the other, that we'll have to try next week. That's why I was so late getting in here today. No lunch, no time for it. Clear out my email and stop in here before the library closes for the weekend. Home to take a shower and go over to mom's to cuddle with Bij a bit before Brad orders the pizza and we watch a movie.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:49 pm

hey don't look free food in the corn cob...there are folks who would love to get some fresh fruit or veg no matter how few!

today it was work, library to return books (its closed on the weekends so i wasn't tempted to go in and get more!),kmart(twice i've been i there and picked up the same things and twice i've put the same things back...do i need a lunch bag and a new drink bottle or do i need some food that will end today?....bought the food and put some of that back as well)....then trader joes (i know it sounds stupid but i'm trying to find the best price for the longest lasting in the smallest package of TP i can get!) and finally the grocery store and home.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes, but to waste a $15 voucher on $4 worth of food? No way, we're going to another market that will take it (hopefully more than one vendor this time) on Wednesday, so I'll be late that day too. We were looking for corn on the cob, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, and green peppers. This market is bigger so maybe we'll have better luck.

Woke up early to thunder, lightening, and pounding rain at 4am...............couldn't sleep so got up, fought with the tv antenna to get the 23.2 in to get the weather report. Had a light breakfast, went through some paperwork (still thinning stuff here), off to the library, read the want ads, use the computer, home for a nap after lunch IF it's cool enough. I kept the window closed to keep the humidity out and it's 78 in there so with a fan it shouldn't be too bad. Dinner before heading over to mom's to cool off, and help her learn email. You have to repeat everything at least 50 times before she remembers without a cheat sheet.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

work....a long, hard, stressful and humilating day.... don't know if i'll make it through tomorrow with mind,body, soul and job intact.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Update my skills in the skillsmatch website for the unemployment office, read the want ads in the newspaper, use the computer, home for lunch, sort through the recyclable newspapers (library gave me a double batch today) and take the ads they can't use at the animal shelter to my sis' recycle bin, shower, over to mom's to get her recyclables (I can't take it all on the bike, there's too much for one trip), then snuggle with furkids.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum