What's on today's agenda?

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:35 pm

oh yeah...I love Books of Wonder and its soooooo close to the Union Square Farmer's Market! did you get to the place where your sister found the art supplies,Warrior?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:13 pm

No. We didn't go to the art store.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 pm

same old same old...work,grocery store and then hit the drug store (actually,they have better $1 package cookies at the drug store than the grocery store right now!).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm

More mileage on the bike for exercise before it got hot out early this morning (who could sleep with the birds singing so loudly anyway). Breakfast, read the newspaper ads, rescue a wren from the hallway, library for more news ads and computer, lunch, shower, get the dishes done and handwash some laundry, try to go through one drawer in my dresser before heading to mom's for dinner and some kitty cuddles.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 pm

worked only 4 hrs...then ran to the grocery store and back to the store for a ride home (where i also got to go to the library really quick...wanted to see if they had any more of the flower shop mysteries i the sale bin but the sale bin was almost empty...i got some library books instead...like i need more stuff to read! oh well.. needed a short change at least:) )
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am

Walked to the library in the rain to read the want ads, catch up on email since I wasn't online very long yesterday (I was gone to the unemployment office a long time yesterday), hoping to walk home in only a light sprinkle of rain or between gullywashers, lunch, laundry, take a nap (didn't sleep very well last night), then off to mom's to cool off and have dinner, complete with kitty "help".
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 pm

i need to drag my work clothes out of my backpack and hang them outside to get freshened and get the wrinkles out of them. i don't want to do laundry yet cuz my little bag isn't full and i don't want to heat the place up any more than i have to.
otherwise...hm....reading Odd Thomas and hope to get half way through it today. i'm around page 140 right now.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Didn't get the laundry done yesterday since I just couldn't face having to go outside to get to the laundry room, it was just too oppressively hot and humid.

Today got soaked walking to the library (my socks are still damp and my shoes are still wet), read the newspaper while I was drying off by the breeze from the floor AC vent, use the computer, walk home between rain showers, eat lunch if I'm not too hot, take a cold shower and a nap (didn't sleep much with all that thunder last night), have dinner and head over to mom's to cool off and watch a movie at Brads. Hopefully the local newspaper will still be in the lobby so I can read that since they don't deliver it until after 4pm here (can't read today's at the library unless I stay past that time).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm getting ready for the Petfair tomorrow. I'll be going, and so will my little Dustie. Myra was supposed to go, but she has ringworm, so she has to stay home.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:34 pm

have fun and let us know who gets new homes:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I saw a "Wanted" sign on my way home so stopped in wet shoes and all to fill out an application. Not sure if I'll get the job, they wanted somebody with more experience and schooling than I have but who knows?

Today walked in the cool breeze between rain showers to the library, read the want ads in last night and this morning's paper, cleared out my email and check in here, home for a quick lunch and a nap for sure. I didn't get much sleep last night because of all the storms. I feel like I'm working on autopilot here at the moment. Brad invited us for pizza and we're watching Return to House on Haunted Hill on dvd. Then I get to walk over to my sister's to walk Maggie and feed her and the kitties before I go home to bed.

I'm critter sitting for the next 4-5 days so Bijoux will probably get a lil jeolous.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:20 pm

what sort of job is it? cuz even though they say they want education unless its something specific they need its pretty open:)

for me..work, grocery store and home. took me about 50min to get home...i guess the heat was slowing me down but i didn't think it would do that much! (50 min from a place where it normally takes me 35!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 pm

It's a general office but they want experience in computer programs I haven't had any training in. I'm hoping nobody else will apply with better qualifications, and maybe they'll decide to train me to use those.

Up early to have some breakfast, headed out to walk Maggie sround the block in the morning coolness, feed her and the kitties, scoop the pan, check the house, play with the furbabes a bit before heading to the post office and library. Found my nephew home already from kayaking, he's leaving again to join his mom on the bike ride so I am still furkid sitting. Read the morning newspaper and ads and use the computer, home for lunch and do a load of laundry IF I can get the washer, if not will take a nap. Dinner and a short snuggle session with Bijoux before heading out to walk Maggie again tonight.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

i don't know all these different computer programs...but when i was working the testing stuff at corporate i was able to do what they needed me to do. and whenever they throw me something new at work i learn it pretty quick. most places will give you some training if you know some general knowledge.

today i did the same old same old...work, grocery store and home...just throw in trader joes inbetween where i got a bag of cat litter.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 am

I know they're getting a LOT of applications. We have at least 100+ people apply for every single job around here. Lots of competition.

Already walked Maggie, played with her and the kitties, and fed everyone. Closed up the house to trap all that cooler nighttime air and got the fans going too. Rode my bike to the library to run more copies of my resume, read the newspaper, go online, then home for lunch, a shower, type up a few cover letters so they're ready to mail tomorrow am, over to mom's to help her for a lil while before heading out to check on my sis's furkids again.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:20 pm

why don't you follow up by sending a thank you note.
Say something like thank you for speaking with me and
hope to hear from you soon.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:18 pm

work,grocery store and caught a ride half way home. now i have three days stuck down here. if i can get the gumption up i'd like to clean and pack some more. would like to get desk cleaned off/out. i need to find some papers and put them in a safe place in case i need to leave fast. (need to get to some place where they sell those metal fire proof boxes or safes or something....just need to get important papers together instead of something here and something there and nothing where i can find it!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 pm

I haven't had an interview yet. Just managed to put in an application. Who do I send a thankyou too, the temp receptionist whose job is being applied for?

Today rode the bike over to my sis's to walk Maggie, thankfully the rain hadn't started yet. Had to cut it short since it was so humid even she had trouble breathing. Gave the furkids breakfast and lots of snuggling, brought the garbage cans and recycling bins in since the garbagemen showed up early. Got sprinkled on coming to the library, read the newspaper and ads (nothing new in them), use the computer. Home for lunch and another shower to cool off. Over to mom's for hotdog dinner before heading out to walk Maggie again and feed/play with furkids. I sure hope it cools off as predicted tonight. Hard to make a good impression applying for work when you're coated in sweat, and in this weather it's hard not to sweat!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm

find out who the manager is....or find out who the HR person is. (we get a ton of people calling for the status of their application at the store.....ours is done mostly through the computer/website to start so its not real hope for them to be calling the store unless they already got a call from our HR person)But if its a small office you could probably talk to the HR person or the manager of the dept directly. Going in there dressed in office wear and looking professional (always dress one step above the job you're trying to get)will do a LOT of good.

today i made a big container of green tea sun tea and three loads of laundry. (one small one left to do tomorrow...might wash my grocery tote bags and my back pack tomorrow.)has anyone washed a regular backpack before? Carter puked....i mean PUKED not just gacked....all over mine last night. i tried wiping it off but i don't think i want to carry that on my back and will try to wash it on gentle and cold water (already use only cold anyway).If it falls apart i might have to start looking for a good school sale.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 am

Already fed the kitties and loved on them, Maggie was gone on a long bike ride with my nephew so no walkies this morning. Library for newspapers and computer, home for lunch, cool down a bit before heading to mom's to snuggle with Bijoux, read the afternoon paper if it's lying around the lobby, leftovers for dinner, and over to sis's to take care of the furkids again. Bed early so I can repeat the routine again tomorrow.

I spoiled her kitties this morning with warmed wetfood along with their kibble for breakfast. They liked that very much!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:10 pm

washed the shopping bags and my backpack..surprisingly the backpack didn't fall apart i the washer! they're all hanging out to dry on the line next to the house right now. i don't think the backpack would have survived the dryer but the line should be fine.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 am

Walked Maggie, gave kitties a warm breakfast again (they ate while Maggie and I walked around the block), loved on all of them, post office for stamps, library to read newspaper and use computer, home for lunch, rearrange freezer (one way to cool off and it needs done anyway), over to mom's to do some cleaning before going over to walk Maggie again and check on kitties.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm

did my last ...er..maybe next to last...load of laundry. (still need to wash nobe's bed..its been gacked on and had water dumped on it (by yellow stripey kitty paws)

i need to get to the other forum and see if i can print out those pages after buddy died. I THINK its going away on the 31 of July or is it the end of Aug???? (hope my printer ink holds out...i got so frustraTed trying to cut and paste the other area where we were talking about him being sick that i don't want to do that again).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Slept in since my nephew decided to walk Maggie this morning to give us a break, had a nice light breakfast, walked in the rain to the library to read the paper and use the computer, home for lunch, do a load of laundry, go over to mom's for dinner, over to Brads for whatever on dvd and a rootbeer float!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:52 pm

same as always when i'm working...work and grocery store and home;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum