What's on today's agenda?

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

i know they always charge me a few days before the end of the month..now its the first. its not like i'm not paying it,its just that its a new expiration date and i never went in there and changed it.
after the stuff i found out this afternoon i'm just going to go ahead and cancel it....they can go in and see that in the past 12+ months i haven't been logging into it. i only have logged into it a few times to check the emails and it wasn't through the computer i always used.

when i have a place and will be using my computer again where i can chose my isp i'll probably do something cheapo at least at the start. i tried peoplepc years ago when MSN 'messed up' and updated my dial up as wireless. i didn't like peoplepc at all...but i'll find something cheap when i have to.
i'm just kicking myself for not cancelling it a year ago when i found out what the people upstairs had done to me with the phone!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm

gawd yet another stress factor!!!! they will NOT let me cancel online..i HAVE to use a phone. i don't think i'm us to sitting in spot for several hours today (I just drank a LOT of tea;))so i might try tomorrow after work. i know my phone will work inside the mall in our parking lot and it should be cool in there. but if they make me wait more than a few minutes forget about it.
i do NOT understand why they don't let people cancel things on the net. what do people do who lose everything and don't even have a cell phone??? esh... this is NOT a good day.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

You probably have to cancel by phone so there is an added assurance that you are, in fact, you! Any hacker can co-opt your password and/or username & pose as you...just thinking.
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:41 pm

You can also send a letter to tell them you are cancelling, that way you have proof you did tell them (keep a copy of the letter for yourself). Do you know anyone who has something like free minutes after such-n-such a time and weekends? You can call them then and it won't cost you anything but a sore arm hanging onto a phone for hours on end.

I know what you mean about being on the phone for what seems like forever with somebody, last week I was on the phone on hold for an HOUR (18 minutes of it ringing--receptionist told me to let it ring/then another 14 minutes on hold with put you to sleep music playing in my ear) with the unemployment office to find out if my paperwork was straightened out or not. Took them all of 30 seconds to look it up and say yes.

Today I slept in until they started up the jackhammer at Taylor Freezer (the building exterior is undergoing renovation) at 7:30am, had breakfast, rode the bike a few miles for exercise before hitting the library for the job ads and computer, home for a snack and do a bit more purging before the birthday pizza for Bev, then a movie at Brads.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:33 pm

naw the only way they would cancel is through the phone..nothing else. i'm sure it was mostly just so they could try to talk me into not cancelling. they even offered me a lower rate but i just kept saying 'no'.

today it was work,trader joes,bank,grocery store and home. so exhausted by the time i got home i just lay on the bed with the cats for about an hour.
the grocery store has canned food for under 40Cents this week so i'm gonna be exhausted EVERY day i come home cuz i'm going to be lugging home as much as i can carry every day!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Cable didn't even try to do that when I cancelled my cable 4 years ago.

Got woke up twice late last night to the sound of fireworks going off. Finally drifted off to sleep around bartime.........woke up again early and couldn't go back to sleep, so rode the bike a few miles just as the sun was coming up. Lots of wildlife at the creek, and loads of birds singing. Even saw a few bluebirds out for a early morning breakfast. Library, read the want ads, computer, home for lunch and check a few more videotapes out (more of my purging process--check to see if they still work or not) before heading to mom's for dinner and a movie at Brads.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 pm

same old same old....work and grocery store...though i did stop at the drug store. i'm trying to find a small (re:cheap) bottle of plain mineral oil. the drug store had none and the grocery store only had a LARGE bottle for $5. I"m looking for something i can put on a qtip or cottom ball and clean the crusty stuff that's coming out of kitty ears. I don't know...i might try kmart. they're the only place around here that might sell it.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Woke up by fireworks after midnight last night, I hollared out the window for them to "give it a rest, we're trying to sleep over here". It either worked or they ran out of fireworks.

Slept in a bit, library, check out the new job ads, home for lunch and swelter a bit, head over to mom's to cool off, before sweltering again at hommtrying to sleep.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

catching up on two day's worth of net stuff;) and i need to do a small load of laundry (hopefully after the sun goes down a bit don't want the electric to go out with my work clothes in the washer!).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Besides sweltering today I got a few hours sleep, took recyclables to my sisters bins at 4am, got soaked by rain on my way to the library at 9am, read the newspaper, got on the computer, home for a cold lunch (too hot to even think about eating anything hot), try to cool off enough to take a nap, before heading out to mom's to soak up some AC before more sweltering trying to sleep tonight. When it rains I have to close the bedroom window to keep the rain from coming in and soaking the place, but that also cuts off the cooling breeze.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 pm

made two jars of sun tea (I take at least 6 bottles of tea or water or whatever ...if i can have gator ade i'll water that down or juice (watered down) or KoolAid etc to work every day....freeze all but one of them and they're all drank and thawed before i get home).
i'm doing a small load of work clothes which are in the dryer.
that's about it...i can't settle into doing one thing at all today.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Got up early since the birds were chirping so loudly again. Read the shopping news (we get that for free here) and had a light breakfast, handwashed a few more clothes, put away the ones that were dry, head to the library and get eaten alive by both flies and skeeters in the outer hallway, then whacked on the face by a big beetle that was flying too slowly to get out of my way on the bike (now that smarted some!), read the news ads, computer, home for lunch, sort the last of my tapes to thin them out, bag up the ones I'm getting rid of for my uncle before heading out to have pizza with Bev again, then a movie at Brads.

If it isn't too hot I might go to the animal shelter tomorrow to hug furkids.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:49 pm

work, home tonight.
Tomorrow I will be going into the city to meet some friends . we will be seeing the Broadway play "The 39 Steps"one of my friends and her sister won 10 tickets so we are going as a party. and will have lunch at a restaurant before the show (Its a matinee)
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 pm

same old same old....work, grocery store and home.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 pm

After I finesh up here my mom and I are going to the animal shelter, Big Lots, Petsmart, and Target before heading to Brads' for another movie.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:54 pm

wow that's more stores than i get to in a year!
i'm just sitting down in the basement and ,though its only supposed to be i the low 80s outside its hotter down here than its been all week! nothing to do...noone to see...i sound like a Ramones song.
edit to add......i actually did something today...i i dragged all the litter boxes out and power washed 'em. So now the kitties are very happy!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 pm

I imagine they are! Almost as good as getting a brand new toilet.

Got up early since I couldn't sleep, rode the bike to the library, read the want ads, cleared the email, will go home for a cold lunch and head over to mom's when it gets too hot in my place to stand it anymore. In the meantime will edit the commercials out of Eureka I taped Friday so my "save" tape.
My mom bought the season one set of The Greatest American Hero on sale (less than $10! with the tax included) so hopefully will watch a little of that. Haven't seen that show (other than the marathon last week) since the 80's.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Other than staying cool? Soak up Ac at the library as long as I can on the computer and reading newspapers, home in front of the fan in my underwear still dripping from a cold shower, cold drink and sandwich for lunch, over to mom's to soak up more AC. Hope I can have the window open tonight to blow in some cooler air overnight, it got hot since I couldn't have it open last night due to sprinkles off/on.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm

same old same old....but i stopped at the drug store on the way home...i had a craving for 'bull's eyes' and they always have them in the 99cent bag. (I've had enough of them though...don't think i'll crave for a year now!).
i did splurge on these reed air freshners. i have a the jar so i got some of the reeds and the oil. the reeds were marked down 90%...reeds 25cents and a the oil 19cents!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am

Pretty good deal!

Got up early since I couldn't sleep, read the shopper want ads while having breakfast, at the library to read the newspapers want ads and obits (looking for unadvertised job openings), home for lunch and hopefully have a manager in the office to deal with my paperwork, take an icy shower to cool off, off to mom's for dinner before bed. Hope I can sleep, it's just so hot anymore it's hard to fall asleep.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:02 pm

i was going to do some laundry but felt so crappy i've slept most of the day away.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Rode the bike for a few miles early this morning before it got hot out, had breakfast, read the want ads in the shopper, library for the newspaper and computer, home for lunch, take a shower and maybe do some laundry or cleaning. When it gets too hot to stand it anymore in my place head over to moms' to cool off.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 pm

same old same old....work and grocery store but with a stop at the bank inbetween:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:21 am

I am going to meet one of my favorite authors today Bruce Coville at Books of Wonder. lovekitties and jeane will know the place. We met Patrcik McDonnell there last year. Bruce will be talking about and signing his latest book The Last Hunt.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 pm

There's an Old Settler's Day parade starting downtown here in half an hour, I think I'll watch that from inside the library through the window. It's hot outside but nice and cool in here. Home for a sandwich for lunch, read the new shopper for want ads, over to mom's to do some cleaning and have dinner, Brad's for a movie and rootbeer floats.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum