What's on today's agenda?

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 pm

it could have been sinus infection coming on.....i've got a messed up sinus today and still feel ick but think its from the infection.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Had some trouble getting to the library. They'd torn up a few more roads and there were no signs to let you know about the sudden drop in pavement levels. They'd already put down one layer on one block, and were getting ready to continue on the next block. They're putting down two layers so it stinks outside today. Nobody is in the library since it's hard to get here except on foot so very quiet, no competition for a computer terminal or the newspaper. Home for lunch, take a nap, over to mom's for dinner and over to Brads for a movie he bought. And I hope more snuggling with Bijoux. I slept so much better after snuggling with him last night. I could remember the purrs and it put me to sleep.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

here's hoping they fix your road faster than the one i walk home on...that's been messed up for three years come Oct! i've never in my life seen anything take so long...it's only about a mile...probably less!

today it was work, trader joes for dried fruit and cat litter (not to be used together) and the grocery store.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:25 pm

When they ripped up my block for resurfacing they left it like that for 4 years before they finally repaved it. So far the roads downtown have one layer and still have all those dropoffs where it meets the old pavement. No equipment or workmen in sight to put on the second layer so it's done. Didn't see them working on my road either. What a mess. I not only have to cut through peoples yards to avoid the dropoffs and use the sidewalk, but also have to contend with potholes in the sidewalk. Just hope I don't break another axle on the bike, no guarantees I'll find another one to fit it. Took 6 weeks to find one the last time.

Got to the library riding the bike like I was drunk, use the computer, read the newspaper, home for lunch, wet and hang up my work vest (it's so wrinkled it isn't funny), do a bit of cleaning since it finally cooled off a bit so I can actually stay home to do it, then over to mom's for dinner and some cleaning at her place. Don't know when they plan on painting the apartments (I sure hope it isn't anytime soon), but we need to at least keep up with the Bijoux hair that seems to get into everything.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 pm

the weird thing about the road here that's taken years (and still not done) is that its a major turnpike....not a little street but one that trucks and buses use as well as the only way to get through from one side of town to the other. its just weird!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 pm

STILL no workmen in sight, so the roads are still a pain to navigate on a bike or a car. Heck, even on foot it's no picnic. Rode the bike though (I hate pedaling through grass, the only gear that still works is the hardest to pedal one) to the library, use the computer, read the paper, get the recyclable newspapers for the animal shelter (thank heavens for panniere bike baskets), home for lunch, do a bit of cleaning, dinner, then over to moms' holding my breathe in the hallway to keep the paint fumes out. Will not be going to Brads until the weekend IF they're done painting. Most likely will be reading or watching tv with a snugglecat on lap until bedtime.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:17 pm

work, trader joes for litter and Trader joe's version of Cheerios (cheaper than any i've been able to find ...there's a $1 box at the grocery store but its about 1/3 the size of the trader joe's $1.99 box) then grocery store and home.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm

They're repaving my road AND downtown today. Getting to work was a challenge, had so many kids this morning. Getting to the library I was almost run over on my bike by a truck backing up and not looking at all to see if the coast was clear. I had to yell to get him to stop, then swerve onto the sidewalk to avoid the paving truck...............library is pretty quiet today since half the parking is off-limits until they're done paving out here. I got to watch them put down something they call "road fabric" along with spray-on tar before they put on the next layer of blacktop. Thankfully the wind was blowing the stink away from me so it didn't set off my asthma. Had to wait about 10 minutes for the library to open so got to watch for a while. Home for lunch and relax a bit before heading out for my afternoon shift. Then home for a shower and dinner before braving the paint fumes in my mom's building. Poor Brad is getting lonesome but understands why we're holing up like we are. Bijoux on the other hand is loving having a literally captive audience for his antics.

Hope I sleep better tonight. Not sure why I couldn't sleep well last night: coughing from the paint fumes? Sore throat keeping me up? Keyed up over starting work today?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

wow you're schools have started already? i think ours (public schools at least) don't start til the Weds after labor day? (they go to school 2 days then have like 3-4 days off due to a Jewish holiday....i haven't checked..might be Yom Kipper).

today i tried to watch the Royal Pains marathon but got bored cuz i've already seen these all three or four times. read as much as i could but need to read more...want this book done before Fri so i can return a couple books.
(got a note saying they want me to come in tp work Fri instead of Thurs so i have tomorrow to read).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:34 pm

So. Beloit schools started a week before we did! I think they started extra early because the teachers are tired of working into June to make up snow days.

Got up for work and had to wear a jacket since it was so cool outside. Home to get rid of the jacket, put up my work gear, and head to the postoffice and library. Home for lunch, and rest a bit before my afternoon shift. Hopefully get the rent paid since I don't know if there will be someone here next week or not because of the holiday. Head to mom's for dinner (she's making potato soup) and get some Bijoux cuddles in before bed.

They finished repaving my road and half of the downtown area. Only road left needing a second layer is the one the village hall is on. I wonder if and when they'll do the paint striping.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 pm

today just seems to empty like nothing is happening and im doing nothing at all. i finished up the book i was reading and washed some dog bedding but its like the day wasn't even here.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I am going to paint my paint-your-own Hello Kitty cremanic bank tonight. I love Hello Kitty.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:33 pm

oh cool..i've not seen those! we've been getting a lot of Hello Kitty things in the store. i bought a little notebook thaT was in the back to school stuff and got marked down. I like Hello Kitty but i perfer Chococat:) (we rarely ever have any Chococat stuff at the store:( )
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Never heard of Chococat, so looked it up. How cute! A black kitty!

Went to work, had a lot of kids this morning, went to the library for computer time and the newspaper ads, home for lunch, do a bit of sorting, work again, home for a while, over to mom's for leftover soup and a movie at Brads.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:26 pm

yep Chococat is black...usually. sometimes chocolate brown, one time it was even PURPLE!

i could have worked more today but i just couldn't have gotten off work,done what i had to do (bank, grocery store...had to do those cuz i had no money and no food down here!),get home,eat and go back to work in time.

But i worked my scheduled hours, went to the little mall in the parking lot to try to call Sears to get an eye appointment (i can't sit on my cell and wait on hold so i never got through),bank,grocery store and home.
if i can get the gumption up (AND remember to check the new schedule for the bus and the new bus fares) i might go to the mall for a few hours tomorrow. (set up an appointment then and see if they can put a screw in a pair of my old glasses...i have the screw,i just can't get it in cuz i think something in the glasses is bent!).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

Slept in a bit, had a nice breakfast, go to the library for a while, then pick up mom to go to the grocery store. Have to buy some milk, bread, and stuff and also some superglue to fix my glasses again. It would take too long to strip off the old epoxy that coming loose and replace it so superglue should hold that in place. (the hinges are broken) Then take a shower and if it's nice out take Bijoux for a walk either outside or if it's too hot inside on the walker before heading to Brads' for a movie.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm

even though i woke up in time to get the bus i just couldn't get my body out of bed. i slept enough hours and had two cats rubbing their faces on me and walking on me to get me up but i just couldn't get 'my body out of bed. i think i slept about 12 hrs and forced myself to get up cuz i knew the cats needed something to eat.

made three little crocheted pumpkins as i watched cable movies and have been wandering around trying to figure out what to do all afternoon.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Are the crocheted pumpkins going to be cat toys?

Worked on my bike yesterday. Today it was get up early to go to work, home for breakfast, library, home for lunch and check my videotape (I figured out how to tape without having cable, if all went well I now have Food of the Gods 1 to have transferred to disc to go with my Food of the Gods 2), work again and hopefully not pass out from the heat, home for an icy shower to cool off, dinner at mom's and have a velcrocat cuddle session before bed.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:52 pm

pumpkins are originally supposed to be decorations but they could be cat toys.

i wasted another day off...honestly, i could have just stayed in bed and slept the entire day away but i knew i'd have to sleep to night to get up for work on Tues. i need to find something that will stop me from sleeping 12-16 hrs or more every day i'm off work!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Nearly the same as yesterday: work, home for lunch, work again, shower and dinner, only today I also sort the recyclables so they're ready for the bin in the morning, then over to mom's to enjoy some cuddlecatitis before bedtime.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:27 pm

work, trader joes (been craving apples and they're the only place that might have a decent one this time of year AND they are by the piece so they're cheaper!)and grocery store.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Work, library, lunch, work again, shower, dinner, mom's for sorting/purging in the kitchen (we managed to get the silverware drawer done last night). She's paring down since she doesn't need so much and my neice needed some to set up housekeeping in a new place.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm

usual day off stuff...read,make sun tea and spend too much time on the net.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Amazing how fast you fall into the old routine: work, library, home for lunch, work again, dinner, over to moms' or Brads, snuggle with Bij a while, then bed. Just wish my day started a lil later, some days I want to teach my alarm clock how to fly out the window!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:08 pm

work....trader joes for apples and litter, grocery store (for kitty chow) and then home where i hung out with the kitties until i got on here.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum