OUCH!

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OUCH!

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Bearcat and Boo had the tail SHUDDER followed
by the tail THUMP followed by the GROWL.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm

In my experience, kitties are much grumpier when they are in pain, so if he's mellow when he hurts, he could become even mellower as the pain eases.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 am

I completely agree, gbste. Petie is definitely grumpier with his ouchy leg. But, he's such a mellow and people-oriented kitty that I think he just takes whatever we give. He is a little purr guy all the time now. He just doesn't like to be lifted in certain ways. I think sometimes his leg hurts and other times he hurts because he's compensating for the leg. I'm sure he has a touch of arthritis too. He's led the rough and tumble life. We have some supplement stuff we put in his food, which seems to help a little. I'll consult the vet about pain relief if he doesn't sort it all out after the antibiotic. I can't tell what is arthritis limp and what is his bad leg at the moment.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I hope the vet can tell you if it's arthritis or not. And that Petie decides the indoor life is the only life for him now. **crosses fingers**
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I think the vet will probably just do a general exam and decide if we treat for arthritis or not. At Petie's age, there is more than a good chance that he has it. And, the treatments are usually benign if it isn't really there.

Petie had the run of the house today. Gateway and GK went outside to play, and Petie wandered all over. He slept in the armchair downstairs, and only went upstairs when GK came in. He decided he should be upstairs when GK is inside, which is fine. GK stays down and Petie stays up. Sounds like a good agreement to me.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 pm

I'd say yes he does have it. Glad to hear the guys have sort of worked everything out.
Cats are very wise that way.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:04 am

I got MAJOR loving last night. I gave Petie his pill and he was just rubbing and thumping his head into my arm. Lots and lots of purrs too. He was just a happy kitty. When we went to bed and were reading books, he came in with his purr motor at full rev. My husband picked him up and he was lying on the hubby's stomach still purring. GK was on my feet and just turned his head to see what was going on. Petie stayed on the tummy for about 10 minutes. Then, he gave GK a salutatory growl on his way to where ever he was going to sleep. It wasn't a fighting growl... Just a grrrr on his way out. Improvement.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:50 pm

sounds like he's scouting his perfect spot...and he might very well have found it:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Awwwwww, Petie is a love kitty! Thanking you bigtime for saving him and making him well. What a sweetie, I hope he stays inside permanently now. I can see improvement in his and GK getting along too, maybe the grrrr... was his way of saying "Okay, I'm outta here for now kid."

I have a feeling Petie might claim hubby's tummy for napping a bit more often.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 am

He tried to jump on the bed last night before we were tucked in. His poor bum leg isn't up to jumping. I don't know if that's leftover pain from the injury or if he is just old and lame on that leg. But, he didn't make it. He kind of slid back onto the bed steps. I had to give him a boost. He then wanted some shnuggles and to be told that he shouldn't be embarrassed. Poor guy. He is used to being very athletic and now he needs boosts to get on a bed.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Poor baby..............must be a blow to his ego to have old age problems like that. I hope the snuggles helped. Petie is going to have to adjust to his new limitations if they're permanent.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Poor old boy. Having such understanding peoples must make all this a whole lot easier.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 am

Ask him and he will tell you that peoples are pretty convenient, but overall, they are silly creatures. He tells us that we are silly all the time. He's got quite the voice. Mrowr... MROWR! PrrrGrrrr....
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Sounds like Bearcat, she would even talk with her mouthful.
Ascot was on all the time and Rachel spoke softly.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 am

Petie talks to his food while he eats. He takes a mouthful and, "GrrMwrPrr." It's pretty funny. He's louder when he eats soft food.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Ascot and Rachel made the nom sound. Antonio is quiet but Bearcat
when she caught something you could hear in the next county.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

It's amazing how Bijoux can eat and purr at the same time...........yet every night when he gets his wetfood that's what he does.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 am

Isn't that the funniest thing? That's what Petie does. He Mrowrs while his food is served and then purrs while he munches. All the while, his little tail is shaking like he has shivers. I think his tail is purring too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:22 pm

"shivers of delight" are what I call them.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am

Petie is becoming quite the inside kitty. Our heater downstairs is waiting for a new part, so we're heating the area with the woodstove. He came from his upstairs (still heated) hangout to take a nap by the stove. We thought he might be joining the Superbowl party (which involved me watching a movie). He then wandered around all the mid-level spots like the window seat and couch. Then, he camped out on his green chair. He was on the couch at pill time. He only has 2 doses left. I will call the vet to ask about his gimpiness that seems worse when he first gets up from a nap. I don't know if he'll need more pills. We'll see what the vet says. The leg isn't tender to the touch, so it's a mystery to me.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Glad to hear Petie is adjusting well to indoor retirement! Hope the vet can figure out why he's still limping.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm

The infection could have damaged the joint that combined with age could
be causing it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 am

No telling really. The important thing is that he's safe and comfortable now, right? He's lying on the floor sound asleep. (I'm home waiting for the heater repair guy.) Gateway is watching over him. It's kind of cute.

I think there's something mauling kitties in our area. Yesterday a very skinny white kitty appeared in Sabi's stall. We originally thought it had black ears, but I looked more closely this morning. It's poor ears are mauled and mangled, and it has some pretty bad looking bite marks on its back. It's bedded down in the stall now and I'm giving it some food for strength. I'll put on some latex gloves covered by nice big ones to try to put some antibiotic stuff on its wounds later. I don't want to overload the poor thing. I wonder if whatever got the white cat is what got Petie too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 am

If the white kitty is a male, his ears were most likely shredded in a fight with another tom cat, and that would explain bites on the back as well. In the feral colonies, almost no tom cats have 2 good ears.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Poor lil white kitty! I hope the meds work quickly. Will that kitty let you get close?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum