OUCH!

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OUCH!

Post by jimkr2t on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am

To all those who care for the furballs of the world, I say ((((((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))))))) To poor little Tippy, I can only say ((((((((((REST IN PEACE, NOW, LITTLE ONE))))))))))

Jim
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 am

I'm so sorry. Crying or Very sad
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your kindness to this little soul, and for giving him an easy passage to the bridge.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I am crying as I type this.................I am sooo sooo sorry about Tippy. I know you all will miss him a lot. His former "family" didn't do well by him (a major pox on them all!), but you made sure his final days were full of love, good food, warmth, and safety. You made his end a nonpainful one. Bless you for taking him in Becky.

Rest easy now little Tippy, you were well loved at the end by many. (((((((((((((((HUGS of GOODBYE))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:13 pm

It sounds silly, but I'm really torn up about Tippy being gone. I check on Sabi and look in the corner for a little white kitty. It's silly, I know... He was only here for a couple of weeks, but he was SO sweet and cute and loving.

Sabi does miss his little friend. When he came in last night, he looked in the corner and then looked at my husband who was leading him in. He looked back to the corner as if to ask where his little buddy was. For the first time since Tippy showed up, Sabi walked on the shavings in the corner.

bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Sabi definitely misses his lil friend. He's also confused as to where Tippy got off to and why he hasnt' come back. I do think Sabi knew Tippy was sick, and in his own way wanted to help. What will you do with Tippy's body, have a little burial for him somewhere? Maybe Sabi would understand what happened if he could see, smell, etc............like he did with Konan?

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS OF SYMPATHY)))))))))))))))))) from both me and my mom. She was sad to hear about Tippy too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 pm

My husband buried Tippy near Archimedes, Shadow and Chirp. He has a nice, quiet little grave near a beautiful mock orange bush. The bush is going to bloom with pretty white flowers and it has gorgeous bark in the winter. Archimedes' grave has pretty day lilies that will spread over little Tippy too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I didn't read all this until tonight, and I am heartbroken for the loss of our Tippy. You did the right thing under the circs, of course, Becky, to give him peace, but it's hard for all of us who've loved and lost him. Funny, isn't it, how much we all cared about one little cat we barely knew? Tippy is an angel now, but I think he was an angel before he left us.

If you can find a quiet moment with Sabi, I think you should tell him what happened with Tippy. He might not understand the words, but I think he will understand what you're saying. I think he deserves to be told.

Tippy's resting place sounds beautiful. May he rest in peace with the others of his family, no matter how new-found.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 am

oh gawd i just came in here tonight.....i didn't even think about how Salem's ear got all crunched up when he was so bad. poor Tippy....but what you were doing reminds me of the you tube CNN thing i put in facebook the other day...the man in india who feeds and cleans and takes care of people who are either too poor or too sick to take care of themselves.you were that man for that poor little kitty.
and i hope to hell that the people who threw him out get the same thing done to them. i'm sorry...but i just can't stand people who throw poor sick critters out like trash. i didn't care how much it cost to get salem his operation i paid it...and if i woudl have been given the chance to help Buddy the same way i would have done it. its not their fault they get cancer any more than it is a human's.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 am

Jeane, I shared that video. It was incredible.
Jeane we have all done what you did. Back to the
man in India, is that he is Hindu. They have a caste system
built into their faith. He is a member of the highest caste and
he commented that his family are orthodox, very strict. The people
he is caring for are the untouchables, the lowest. By doing so he has
defiled his caste. Think about that.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:01 pm

I second that emotion Jeane. Not their fault at all if they get cancer, and when you adopt a furkid you take responsibility for treating any illness that comes along, including cancer. Same as you would any child of yours. I know mom and I would do anything for Bijoux.

I'm glad Tippy has a nice spot with the rest of the furfamily. The little white flowers will remind you of his lovely white coat. I never asked: what color were Tippy's eyes?

How's Sabi taking it? I know you and your hubby are heartbroken.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Sabi has made peace with the idea that his stall buddy is gone. I told him he is with Chirp, and he understood. Chirp was his first barn buddy from back in our boarding days.

Tippy was pure white (although a bit dirty from his travails) and had yellow eyes. I swear I was thinking of calling him Angel when he showed up in Sabi's stall. If any stall in the world has had angels in it, it's Sabi's stall. I told Tippy that he could visit that stall from the Bridge whenever he felt like visiting. I still feel sad that he isn't there. He was a comfort and a joy all wrapped up in one skinny little package. I imagine what he'd look like in good health with a shiny, white coat and some fat on him... Strong legs and a quick paw. That's how he is now and it will be good to see him when we are all at the Bridge together. I love you Crying or Very sad
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Yes. Oh, yes. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

I think Tippy is visiting Sabi's stall. There is a mysterious little kitty-shaped hole in the corner shavings. I've fluffed the stall, and cleaned up any spilled crunchies, so I don't think it's any of the other kitties. Gateway and GK prefer the hay stalls. Hmm... Do we have a visitor?
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Could be they have a way of communicating that we don't
even know about.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm

cyclops
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Anything is possible....................maybe it's Tippy come to visit his stall pal or maybe he told another lil kitty it was a good place to be. Keep an eye on that spot, you might find out which it is.

I'm trying to picture Tippy all healthy and happy at the bridge with all our furkids, playing and enjoying himself until you're reunited.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:12 pm

No hole in the shavings tonight. It must have been a one-time visit.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Maybe to tell Sabi that he's okay and happy at the bridge with Chirp et al.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

It does occur to me that Sabi nosed and pawed that hole himself, looking for traces of his friend. Despite being "told," he may have wanted to see for himself if his buddy was truely gone. Animals are more practical about these things than we are and, in my experience, like to confirm the truth for themselves, however sad they may feel about it. If that's the case, I hope it gave him closure in his own mind, and allows him to move on. I suspect animals know, in an instinctive way, all about the bridge, and accept it as part of life, far better than we do.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 pm

I definitely agree. When Konan was dying, Sabi and he touched noses and said their goodbyes. When Sabi watched while the vet put Konan down, he didn't get upset. He went over and sniffed on Konan's body and then stood guard until the backhoe man came. He did freak out a bit at the backhoe, so I put him in his stall. He seemed sad, but resigned to the finality.

I do feel bad for him. He has lost 2 friends in 2 months. Not a great way to start a new year.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 am

They know death and understand far better than we do. Still it sad to watch
them look for a missing friend.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 pm

I agree with that Sue. They do grieve, but they seem to get over it faster than we do. It's still sad to see though.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum