OUCH!

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OUCH!

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 pm

I do hope our little Miss will get to see the vet on Tuesday. She may have teeth issues, but since she's pretty young for that, I'm hoping it's just careful feral behavior. May she soon realise she has no reason to keep that up! I love you cat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 am

I think her teeth are going to be ok. She doesn't have other tooth kinds of habits like pawing at her mouth or avoiding the crunchies. she just prefers the soft food. Can't say I blame her. It's easier to eat and higher in calories. It's exactly what she needs.

She was outside when I let horses out this morning, so I didn't get to check on her. Her food bowl is filled and water all cleaned up. She will be back for snacks later. I think she goes out to use the bathroom so she doesn't mess her house. I have yet to find any kitty mess in there. She's a neat kid.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm

she really sounds like she's coming to be a great kitty! i've only had one kitty here who has done the food covering thing and it didn't last for long..it was Nobe..but she's kinda wacko to begin with!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am

Tippy is going to the clinic on Wednesday morning. They have a "stray" package that involves neutering/spaying and basic shots for $50. I told them I'd pay extra to have her ear taken care of too. Hopefully, she can have everything done. She's so sweet... I'll start to take her to the regular vet after everything basic is done. But, I can't see paying over $200 for the spay/neuter and basic shots right now. Now, I need to figure out how to get her into the carrier. She isn't allowed to eat before surgery, so I think I'll keep her on our porch and then hopefully put her in the carrier easily. Wish me luck! Shocked
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Might be easier to get Tippy in a carrier after she's had a meal and is sleepy. Then again, she might not fight you all that much over it. She sounds like she used to be someone's kitty............I just can't fathom how anyone could dump a sweetie like her in the first place.

(((((((((((((((GOOD LUCK VIBES))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm

((((((((((((((GOOD CRATING VIBES))))))))))))))))
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 pm

My only comment is that, with Weezer (who knows the carrier and fights it) I up-end the carrier, pick up Weez under her arms, and lower her into the hole backfeet first. If you grit your teeth and do it quickly and ruthlessly in one fell swoop, they have little time to block their entry.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Meowmy does the same with me. You and she are
MEAN!!! Antonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I plan to do something similar with the help of a bath towel to keep all sharp points contained. She might just walk in... I am going to put it out on the porch with her and stuff it full of nice fluffy bedding. It's going to be cold, so she will probably want the covers. I told her today that she has a big adventure coming up. She just followed me all over the barn. She's my little guard kitty.

Last edited by bpaquet on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:02 pm

If it's going to be cold you might want to cover it with a towel.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am

Our porch is semi-heated and completely enclosed, so I think I'll just put nice nesty stuff in the carrier and hope she decides it's a nice bed. I think if I put a towel over it, it might be too enclosed for her liking. She seems to like open spaces.

I told her this morning that she'd better eat a lot today because she is restricted as of 8 PM. No foods. I feel bad for her since she's still awfully skinny. But, at least she has a little meat on those bones now. I bet once she's all fixed up and cleaned up, she will put on weight quickly. She might even need to join Gateway on the Kitty Weight Watchers plan.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

I sure hope she's in the carrier by 8pm. Otherwise she might roam around a bit looking for food..............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Hope everything went well Smile
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 pm

yesh i'm waiting for an update;) and did ya know its spay day?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 pm

I know, Dallas SPCA used to do neuter your scooter for a nickel.
It was for cats but I thought it was a great slogan.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 pm

The surgery is tomorrow. I bring her in at 8:30. I tried to get her done on Spay Day, but the clinic was hosting an event. No surprise... They are the "Spay and Neuter Clinic."

She came onto the porch with absolutely no fuss. I'm sure she's been inside before. She went right to the kitchen door, but we can't let her in yet. The other kitties would have apoplexy. But, she curled up on TOP of the crate. I put a nice fluffy saddle pad up there, and she mushed around and fell right to sleep. I have the door of the crate open and it's full of towels, so she can go inside if she chooses. She sniffed at the litter box, but hasn't used it yet. I'm sure that won't be an issue since she's so neat in Sabi's stall.

Her poor little wounded ear is bleeding again and looks like it got opened up somehow. I'm glad she's going to see some doctors tomorrow. I figure she'll be living on the porch for a while after surgery so she can heal up and have stitches removed, so I can care for her ear more easily. It will definitely stay cleaner inside than out in the shavings and dust of the barn.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Apoplexy would be the least of it. Still glad she came in
and those fleece saddle pads are a kitties best friend. Sorry to
hear that her ear has opened. Well tomorrow it will be taken care
of along with everything else.

How's Petie and the rest of the purry persons.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am

Well... The crating was a total nonissue. She almost walked in on her own. No fuss, no muss. I am really starting to like this kitty! She spent the night on the porch, curled up on her saddle pad. She didn't use the box, although there were some paw prints in the fresh litter. That was a little problem in the carrier. I heard her scratching around as I was driving to the clinic. I knew what she was doing, but there was no help for that. She messed in the carrier, poor thing. At least it is a big one so she didn't have to sit in it on the way. Neutral

The people at the clinic were wonderful. They were all concerned about her ear and said they would definitely be sending her home with antibiotics. They were concerned about me getting it into her. I told them I could do it. If I have to, I'll dissolve it and put it on her wet food. she will be on the porch for 2 weeks after surgery, so she will have time to get all better in a clean environment.

Petie is all mended and is on Cosequin for kitties. It's doing him a world of good. Peace reigns in the house since he and Gray Kitty decided to just avoid each other. No growling or snits. Gateway is his usual friendly guy to everyone. He puffs when he sees the little Tippy (I have to pick an name for her), but it's just puff... No growl.

Last edited by bpaquet on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot last paragraph.)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Glad to hear that Pettie is fine and that peace is reigning in you
house. I'm sure that Gateway will stop puffing. The no growl is a
good sign.

UGH!!! about the carrier, still things like that will happen. Happy that she
crated so well. I'm hoping that when they shave her tummy that they will find
she has sprayed already. Being on the porch will help the ear for sure. As for a name
I think Tippi is a good one, like the actress.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah, I agree with the naming....................it fits her perfectly. Glad to hear the crating was a non-issue. I know the vet will tend to her ear and anything else that she needs. Anyway to have her tested for Fel-v and Fel-p? (I think I spelled those right) That way you know whether it's safe for her to be around Gateway, GK, and Petie.

(((((((((((((((((((((strong healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I am very sad. Poor Tippi (who was actually a neutered male) had cancer kind of like Jean's kitty. It had started to eat the bone and ear canal, and the vets thought he was in a lot of pain. We decided it would be kinder to euthanize him than to put him through the trauma of treatment. There was no way to tell if the cancer had spread.

He was sleeping from the anesthesia they used to examine his ear, so they just let him sleep while we held him. He died peacefully.

Goodbye, little Tippy. Archimedes, Chirp and Shadow are waiting for you at the Bridge. Crying or Very sad
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 pm

I am so sorry about Tippy. Sabi is probably going to miss him.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh no!!!!! Becky, I'm so sorry. The phrase is is so inadequate.
My prayers are with you.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:27 am

The more I think about it, the more I know that somebody kicked poor Tippy out when he got a problem. Rather than giving him the dignity of a comfortable end, they dumped him to die in horrible pain. I feel good that he spent his last night in warm comfort and had somebody to look after him, but I feel terrible that he didn't have the love and comfort he need through his sickness. If we had seen him earlier, we would have had the surgery done to remove the growth and ear, and he would have continued to be a happy, healthy kitty. But, instead his former people decided to just get rid of him -- probably after it was too late to do anything to stop the cancer. Evil or Very Mad
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:11 am

I agree Becky and a pox on them for that. May they become a portion for
foxes. Bless you for taking him in and making sure his last days were filled
with warmth and love.

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))) to you. Antonio also sends headbutts and purrs.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum