The Story Game

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Story Game

Post by fiffur on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

"And others who have a huge garden as a way to make money. Otherwise, where would road stand produce sellers be? " Little Girl reminded him. Nodding his head yes, Grandfather agreed with her. Mom looked up at the ceiling for a moment, so they wouldn't see her roll her eyes. Heading them off, she told them she would NOT be responsible for taking care of a huge garden next summer.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Few days later, Grandfather was looking through a seed catalog he got earlier that day. He let Mom know he want to start a small garden next year if Little Girl continues to show an interest in canning. Mom was relieved to know she would not be expected to help to care for the garden. When Little Girl came home from school, she found Grandfather with a seed catalog.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:41 pm

She spent quite a long time looking through the catalog with Grandfather, picking out what she wanted to plant. Grandfather tried to steer her towards vegetables that were easier to grow. They finally decided on carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers. Just then Bitsy came in and sniffed at the catalog. Little Girl exclaimed, "We nearly forgot to get catnip! Do they have catnip seeds?" Grandfather told her catnip tended to spread quite a bit and needed different growing conditions. "Can't we just grow a couple plants for Bitsy, please?" she pleaded. Mom overheard them and chimed in, "Only if you grow it in a big pot so it doesn't spread and take over the entire backyard!"
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Grandfather agreed to get one packet of catnip seeds. "Can anything that we will be getting be dried?" asked Little Girl. "I have seen dried huge chile peppers in the stores." answered Mom. Grandfather said, "I do know carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers aren't the greatest dried. I know some cat owners that I can ask about catnip. I know Bitsy hasn't been exposed to fresh or dried catnip."
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Bitsy was listening to the discussion about catnip and couldn't help herself: she mewed quite heartily. Little Girl said "I think she wants to try catnip. Do we have any?" Mom shook her head no...they didn't have any. Grandfather suggested (with a hopeful look) to mom that they get a small package next time they bought Bitsy's food.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Mom agreed to get a small package on the next shopping. Bitsy looked a little upset, but she seemed to understand what was said. Mom said, "Maybe we can looked up the best ways to dry somethings like herbs and peppers." "I can look in the school library for anything gardening. I won't promise anything" said Little Girl.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 pm

She came home the next day with several books from the school library. Most were basic growing techniques, common sense mostly. But one went quite in depth about growing herbs of all kinds. Mom glanced through it, and exclaimed, "I didn't know catnip was a painkiller if people drink it as a tea. It helps you sleep too." Little Girl was puzzled. "It doesn't do that to kitties, why doesn't it make us act crazy like they act after having catnip?"
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Grandfather said, "One of the students I tutor has a dad that is in medical field. I forget what he does though. Next time I see her, I can ask about the catnip." Mom was slow to admit the she was glad Little Girl brought home books from the school library. Mom talked about how much gardening had changed since she was a kid.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:29 pm

She told Little Girl all about how it was done when she was a little girl. They had to do all the digging and planting by hand, weeding too. Mom did say she was going to ask one of the neighbors if they could borrow their garden tractor. That way the garden could be plowed quite easily for planting. But the planting/weeding would have to be done by hand. Little Girl volunteered to help with that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Grandfather and Mom didn't mind that, and they told her they should wait until all the plans are made and garden planted before decided who wants to what.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 am

The weather turned cold so they had to delay their garden. Grandfather explained that the ground had to be certain temperature for the seeds they were ordering to sprout. Little Girl was a little disappointed, she'd wanted to start right away. To help lighten her mood, Mom asked her if she wanted to help design a scarecrow.
"What's a scarecrow?" Little Girl asked.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Mom suddenly realized that Little Girl had little exposure to anything outside home and school. Mom did the best she could to explain what a scarecrow is and its intended purpose.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum