The Story Game

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Story Game

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Bitsy waited until the little girl settled into bed before laying down on the bed. Bitsy finally laid down on the extra pillow and purred.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:36 pm

When the little girls' mom went to see if she was ready for school, she was surprised to see her in bed with her eyes closed. Bitsy was on a pillow next to her, fast asleep. When her mom went to wake her, the little girl opened her eyes and make put her finger to her lips. Very carefully the little girl got out of bed and tiptoed out of the room, her mom following her.

"Why were you still in bed?" the mom asked.

"I wanted Bitsy to not make a fuss with me leaving for school, so I pretended to go to sleep so she would fall asleep again." the little girl explained.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:28 pm

"That cat has to learn to get used to you not being here all the time." said the mother. "I know. I was hoping to leave for school when Bitsy wasn't watching me. I will get going on my way to school now." said the little girl.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

As she was going out the door to catch the school bus, Grandfather was coming down the stairs. He was moving quite slowly, obviously in some pain. Mom was watching him while fixing his breakfast. A glass of orange juice was already on the table and the morning newspaper too.
"Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes Dad." she said as she made him some french toast.
"Mmmm, that sure smells good." he said as he picked up the newspaper. "No wonder I hurt so much today, it's supposed to rain." Without a word the Mom gave him one of his arthritis pain pills. He took it and continued scanning the paper for news. "I see the prices for crops are rising, if that holds for a couple more months it sure would help us out a lot."

The mom looked worried, she hadn't told her father yet about the letter from the bank.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 pm

After some thought, she decided it would be better to wait until after breakfast to break the news from the bank.
When he was done eating, she said, "There was a letter that came from the bank and here it is." Grandfather was shocked. She did her best to explain the situation to him. "I'm glad the kid is off at school right now. She deserves to know about this you know. Let's discuss our options. When she gets home from school, you best explain this to her or I will." said Grandfather is a serious tone.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Mom worried all day how she would break the news to the little girl. They'd tried so hard to keep the farm going after the Father died. But since Mom lost her job in town their finances had gone from bad to worse. Still, they had one more option they could try if she could get her father to agree to it. But it meant he had to swallow his pride and apologize to her father-in-law. Bitsy tried to comfort them both the only way she knew how, by cuddling with them every time they sat down. Before Mom knew it, school was out and the little girl was coming down the driveway.

Last edited by fiffur on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

When the little girl came to the kitchen, she knew something wasn't right. "What's the matter?" asked the little girl as she put her things down. The mother told her about the letter from the bank and explained it the best she could. The little girl didn't quite understand everything, but then it was hard for her to understand a lot of it as it was. "Is there anything I can do to help?" asked the little girl.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:34 am

"You can help by doing well in school, and helping keep your grandfather's spirits up. I have something I can try, but it won't be easy for him or for me to do it. And don't worry, things will work out in the end." she answered. Bitsy was right there at their feet, listening and thinking. Mom turned around and went back to preparing dinner, and asked the little girl to do her homework at the table to keep her company. Bitsy sat on a chair next to the little girl, in case she needed some 'help'.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm

The little girl went to her homework and took a break to go to the bathroom. Bitsy was in tow. "Why is everyone sad today? I haven't understand anything that was said today?" said Bitsy when they were near the bathroom. "I don't understand it either." said the little girl.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:21 pm

"Still, I know your mom is worried very much about something. There must be something we can do to make her feel better." said Bitsy.

"I can only do what she asked us to do, and hope what she has in mind will help." said the Little Girl.

Mom talked a long time with Grandfather, and both came into the kitchen saying nothing. Dinner was served and they ate mostly in silence, not talking about much. Then the neighbor came over to keep an eye on things while the Mom and Grandfather were gone that evening.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:54 pm

The neighbor asked, "What's the matter? You are more talkative than this." The little girl told the neighbor what she knew of the situation. "There isn't much I can do. Oh my, where did this pretty kitten come from?" said the neighbor. The little girl told her about Bitsy.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 am

Bitsy did her best to be extra cute and lovable. The neighbor just loved her and cuddled with Bitsy a lot while talking with the little girl. She played a few games with them both, and as the little girl was getting ready for bed the Mom and Grandfather came home.

"How did it go?" she asked the mom.
"As well as can be expected." was the enigmatic answer.

The neighbor left. Mom and Grandfather went into the kitchen to talk a bit more.

"I know that was hard for you to do Dad, but we had no choice if we want to stay here." she said.

"I know Daughter. I don't really like your father-in-law but he helped you both buy this place just after you married his son. He's the only one who can help us keep the place now. Do you think he will help us?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 pm

"I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to him in a long time. I need to talk to him and try to make amends before asking for help." said the mother. It seemed that the grandfather understood what she meant by her comment. The little girl didn't know what her mother was talking about, but knew not to ask.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 pm

"Well, tonight was a good start. He seemed to understand and forgive us. I hope he does call us like you asked him to tomorrow. I'm a bit tired, I think I'll go to bed now. Don't stay up too late. Try not to worry." the Grandfather said. He headed up the stairs only to be greeted by Bitsy at the top. She followed him to his room and sat on the bed while he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Grandfather spent some time with Bitsy while the little girl was getting into bed. Then Grandfather went the little girl's room, carrying Bitsy. Grandfather had a little talk with little girl to let her know what was going on and not to worry so much. The next morning was the usual routine. Shortly after the little girl went off to school, the phone rang.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 am

Mom answered the phone and spoke quietly for a few minutes, then hung up. She went upstairs to talk with Grandfather.

"I just heard from my father-in-law. He wants to see us both as soon as possible." she said. Since the Grandfather was dressed and already had eaten breakfast, they left right away. Bitsy sat in the window watching them leave, alone in the house for the first time since she'd been taken in. She fell asleep on the windowsill.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Few hours later, they returned in time for the little girl to come home from school. Bitsy greeted them at the door and Grandfather picked her up. Bitsy started to purr. Mom went to the kitchen to start on dinner. Short time later, little girl came home from school to see Grandfather and Bitsy on the couch. "There are things you must know and we decided to talk to you about it after dinner. I'm sure you want to spend time with the cat and I don't mind as long as homework gets done before dinner." said Mom.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 pm

This worried the Little Girl, she didn't know quite what to make of that statement. But she did play with Bitsy, cleaned her litterpan, changed her water, added food to her bowl, and then washed up for dinner. There wasn't much conversation during dinner, which was unusual. Bitsy sat close by, not begging for food, but waiting. After dinner, Grandfather and Mom sat at the table and talked with the little girl.

"I know it will be hard, but we have to cut expenses around here to the bone for a while. I don't know if we can afford to keep Bitsy or not. Now your other grandfather is willing to help us out a little so we can keep the farm. But his help will only go so far." the mom said at last.

"But we can't get rid of Bitsy, we promised to take care of her always!" cried the Little Girl. "What if I can find some work? I could pay for all her upkeep and she'll help too by catching all the mice. We have to keep her!"

The Grandfather looked sad at this outburst, the thought of getting rid of Bitsy now pained him too, he liked the little cat very much. "Perhaps you can find some work helping the neighbors with their chores. I'll go with you tonight to talk to a couple of them before bed, and see if anyone is interested in you and me working for them."

"Now Dad, you know you're not well enough to work anymore." protested the Mom. But the Grandfather would hear none of it, he insisted he could still do some light work for pay, and they needed the money.

fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 pm

"We may as well start visiting neighbors." said Grandfather. Mom tried to protest, but Grandfather had little girl with him at the front door when someone knocked. Grandfather answered and invited the neighbor in. "Why the sad faces?" asked the neighbor. The little girl started to tell the neighbor about the problems. Then Mom interrupted little girl. The neighbor intervened by saying, "I'm glad I came over. I had a nagging feeling something wasn't right over here."
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

"I was worried about you, I know how hard it's been since your husband died." the neighbor went on. "I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help you."

"Actually, we were about to ask you and several more neighbors if you had any extra work that needed to be done. Both my granddaughter and I are looking for work." said the Grandfather. Bitsy sat nearby, trying to look as cute as possible, hoping that might sway the neighbor since he'd know they had another mouth to feed now.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 pm

"Wait a minute. The kid is too young to look for work and it's wrong to force a kid that young to work. Besides, what can you do anyway? I know you're health isn't the best and may not get any better. I had thought of asking to take the girl for the rest of the week to help the both of you to settle things out." said the neighbor. When little girl heard this, she took Bitsy and went to her room. "Don't be telling me what I can or can not do at my age. I know I can't do as much as I used to, but that doesn't mean I should stop working." said Grandfather. "I had no intentions of letting anyone taking care of my daughter." said Mom. "I may not be able to help either of you out, but the least I can do is help the kid. She doesn't need to see a lot of this stress." said the neighbor. As this point, little girl came down with her school bag, small bag of clothes and Bitsy. "Well, I see that your daughter has spoken and I didn't know about the kitten. Don't you worry, I will let you keep the kitten. Hurry on." said the neighbor. Little girl ran out the door to the neighbor's house.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:45 am

"Of all the nerve! He practically came in here and took my daughter away!" cried the mom, upset to the point of tears.

"Now daughter, we must get some help or we'll be homeless. We must talk to your father-in-law again, and maybe some of my cousins might be able to help" said the Grandfather as he picked up the phone. After several phone calls, he looked a bit relieved. "We have to make a few stops today. Two of my cousins want to talk to us both as soon as possible."

They left right away. After several hours they came back and picked up the Little Girl and Bitsy from the neighbor. The neighbor wasn't happy about it but in light of recent developments couldn't refuse to let her go home.

"Dear, I have some good news and some bad news for you." said Mom after sitting the Little Girl and Bitsy down at the kitchen table. "My cousin has offered me a job and that means I'll be gone a lot in the evenings. It pays pretty well so our money troubles won't be so bad anymore, but it could be a long time before I can get a different shift. Your grandfather will take care of you at night."

"And my older cousin on my mom's side has also offered me some work as a tutor, so there will be times when you will have to come with me to their home, or they will be coming here." said the Grandfather. "I know I'm old and not well, but I still have my mind and the patience to teach."

"So I can keep Bitsy? And we won't have to move either? That's wonderful!" said the little girl hugging her mom tightly, then her grandfather. "I will miss having you here when I get home from school."
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:21 pm

"We thought it would be best that you keep Bitsy. I can't remember the last time you were happy about anything and I had to convince your mom that it was important to have you happy about something." said Grandfather. "Is it possible for me to spend some nights at the neighbors if needed? It may help at night since Mom has to work nights and anything can happen to you without warning. I know what that the confrontation didn't help, but at least I could have someone close by I can go to." little girl said to Grandfather. Grandfather quickly said, "Daughter, don't think of scolding her for what she just said. Obviously it never occurred to either of us what to do with her or Bitsy if one of us isn't here at night and she does have a point about going to the neighbors if needed." said Grandfather. "Well, it may be necessary for you to go to the neighbors at times. I don't like the idea of someone else taking care of you." said Mom. "We need to discuss this further at a later time Daughter." said Grandfather.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

The little girl was happy she could keep Bitsy. If only she were a little older, she could take a job babysitting. She only asked about going to the neighbors since she was worried about being all alone on the farm if Grandfather got sick suddenly. What if she couldn't reach mom, or mom couldn't come home quickly?

Grandfather talked with his daughter at length about their changed situation. It was decided that his tutoring would take place at the farm if at all possible. He thought even Bitsy could help, since having the kitten around might be useful in teaching a few subjects to his new tutoring clients. Eventually the excitement of the day wore off, and they realized just how tired they were. Everyone went to bed happier and more hopeful than they'd been in days.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:00 pm

The next day started out as usual. When little girl came home, Mom was getting dinner ready. "I start tomorrow and I'm not sure what your grandfather will be doing. He made me realize it be good to have a neighbor to watch you if you will be by yourself at night or if something bad happens to either one of us. I won't like it, but I rather have a backup plan for your care." said Mom and went back to fixing dinner. She went to do homework and play with Bitsy.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum