Mayzie's working to stop BSL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mayzie's working to stop BSL

Post by gbste on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:32 pm

If memory serves, we have some Texas mutties that may want to check out Mayzie's dog blog. There are some convenient links to contact legislators to stop Texas from overturning its BSL ban.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Re: Mayzie's working to stop BSL

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Could we have a link to Mayzie's dog blog here? I'm not sure what we're talking about, and what the "BSL ban" is. Sorry if this has been discussed before; I don't always read every post. Embarassed
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 am

Here's the link. I thought that I had put it on before. Don't know what happened.
http://mayziegal.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/be-the-change-help-stop-bsl/
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm

On it all ready. One of the most asinine piece of lawmaking I've seen
and children I've seen a lot.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 pm

i didn't know the abbreviation but i thought that's what it was. its definantly something that needs to be done...do we need an MLK for dogs?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks, gbste, I got it now. And this is one of my bad buttons.

My beloved Shop Dog is a Pit Bull. We had no idea, until one of the vets that helped heal her after she was rescued as a pup, told us. I have to say, we were greatly taken aback. A Pit Bull?? Why, they're dangerous!!! affraid

But we had already lived with Shop for a month by then, and it only took us about 10 seconds to get over the shock. No way, uh-uh. Shop Dog is the sweetest dog ever to grace this earth. Whoever declared pit bulls dangerous as a breed must just be plain ol' dead wrong, and we had Shop to prove it. It's been 15 years sibce then, and Shop Dog is still living proof.

Here's what I've learned about pit bulls. They are physically strong and love a challenge. They are absolutely fearless. They have an immense, intense joy of life; they'll never give it up. They form fierce loyalties and will protect their loved ones without question. They have huge hearts and their capacity for love is boundless. Once they are loved and form a bond, nothing can break it. They want nothing more than to love and be loved. They snuggle like big goofy bunnies.

They can also be trained to fight because of their strength, tenacity and fearlessness, especially when treated cruelly such that their only option to stay alive is to fight and fight again in order to stay alive. In dog-fight rings, in feral packs, or chained in a yard with no hope, I have no doubt they can, and do, attack and kill when starving or threatened. Once they go into battle, it's to the death. But who's fault is it that these magnificent dogs are put in those circs? Who trains them to fight, abandons their puppies to the street to fend for themselves, buys them for street cred then chains them out back with little care and zero love? Humans. We are the problem, not the dogs. If there be legislation, let it address the real problem. This kind of blanket legislation (against any breed of dog) just makes me sick. The dogs are not the problem.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:23 pm

No, the dogs aren't the problem, its' the cruel people who teach them to be mean that's at the bottom of the problem. I've known pitties too who were just overgrown sweeties who wanted to sit on your lap and be loved.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm

I've known some wonderful pits. The problem is the gangstas and hoods who train them as guard dogs for their drug trade, or as fighting dogs for that cruel non-sport.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum