Words fail me. God bless DDB!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Words fail me. God bless DDB!

Post by gbste on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm so thankful that sweet Ezekial was saved!

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/shepherd.html
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Re: Words fail me. God bless DDB!

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:30 pm

though i can't believe it...how could anybody see a dog in one spot for more than a day and not try to help? but a church?a CHURCH? a freakin CHURCH? those people don't deserve to call themselves Christians for what they walked past.
i do believe it was a test for them...and they sure did fail big time! (by the way i hope none of them misses that the type of dog that was looking for their help was a SHEPHERD...and gee, wasn't he there during the ephifany (sorry,however you spell it!).

by the way..i love the button they have on that site....Dude,I'm a dog. Not a lawn ornament!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm

I know if I was a member of that parish I would be looking for a new parish.
That I would raise so much hell with the diocese that the priest would be looking
for a new parish. On second thought I would find a new a parish.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 pm

We have here a stray dog in a county that has no animal control to call, so I'm guessing no animal shelter. This is a sad state of affairs! It seems one woman tried to approach and pet it, but when it snapped at her, her husband shot at it. I give the couple points for coming forward to admit they were involved. (Even though the man tried to tweak their story to his advantage. But how human is that?)

There are many sides to this story, and I hesitate to judge. Still, shot or not, "the least of these" are without options in this PA county. That's undoubtedly true in many spots all over the USA, and I KNOW it's true all over the world. Rather than vent my wrath on the members of that church for not helping the dog, I wish I could ask them to do something to lobby for an animal shelter in their county. Yes, it might mean a tiny increase in sales or property taxes for them. Hoo, painful! Shocked Yet only a few dollars per year from each resident could mean a safe house for dogs like this one.

My heart goes out to that dog, but I'm not worried about him now. He made the news! He has dozens of people lined up to adopt him! Woohoo! But what about all the other strays still out there? A bigger fix is called for here, IMO. Maybe Ezekiel was sent to foment a change. One can only hope.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Actually Suzzz I would vent my wrath on the priest for being a poor shepard to his flock.
In one of the stories they quote Ezekiel 3 8:9. That's why they named him Ezekiel. We can all
hope that his story will bring about change.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 am

even if there are no officials in the county to help animals there is the net where they could have looked for help IF they dind't want to make an attempt themselves. there were two stories about people admitting they shot the dog...were they the same people but just reported by different papers or whatever? but both say that the people who said the dog bit them didn't have any signs of a bite.

i don't know where in PA this town is....is it puppy mill country?just wondering. and if this is how they treat a dog in trouble i wonder how they treat or would treat a human who was sleeping under their bushes cuz they were homeless and hungry?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am

I'm thinking that the shooter was gleefully fulfilling the priest's request to "get rid of the dog," and when DDB publicized the story, with a reward, he concocted the excuse about his wife being "bitten" or "snapped at." In this economy, $1000 would probably bring out bunches of people who heard him bragging about his "heroic" deeds.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 pm

I am so thankful Ezekiel was saved, and will be in a loving home soon. That parish, the priest, and the waste-of-skin who shot him all miserably failed the test for compassion. They should all be deeply ashamed of themselves. I don't buy for one moment that guy's story for why he shot him either.

Isn't there a verse about Jesus that says something along the lines of: As you treat the least of these (your fellow beings) so you also treat me?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 pm

There is, in fact such a verse. Here's a link to A Heavenly Fable, by Michael Mountain of Best Friends. This story is right on point, I think.

http://www.adoptacatfoundation.org/aheavenlyfable.pdf
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:58 pm

That, well it in a certain way sobering. I loved it though.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I wish every single person involved in Ezekiel's shooting could read that at least 10 times, to let it sink in, and everyone in that church who ignored him should have to read it too. Give them all a sobering wakeup call. IMHO they failed that test very badly.

Blessings on those who actually helped him!

Thanks for posting that, I loved it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum