Konan went to the Bridge

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Konan went to the Bridge

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 pm

There's the Big Jail Break story...

Sabi and Konan were happily in the big pasture. It was summer and there was tons of grass, so there's no reason they should have wanted to go anywhere. When we got home from work, Konan was standing in the middle of the yard grazing. You KNOW the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Wink We didn't think much of it. Perhaps he popped a board off the fence, or maybe he finally figured out how to un-do the latch. Well... When we went to get him, he would have none of it. He ran around like a goof. Sabi was hiding in the far corner of the pasture pointing directly at his partner in crime. We saw that the fence was demolished. They had pushed the whole thing down and busted all the boards. They had also EATEN a baby tree all the way to the ground. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't chase Konan around any more. He came over to laugh too. It was sweet and absolutely hilarious.

The tree grew back and is now almost 20 feet tall. It has pretty white flowers in the spring, nice green leaves all summer, and beautiful red berries in the winter. We are going to get a little memorial stone for Konan and put it at the base of "his" tree.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 pm

My, those two were the pair! "Partners in crime"...............perfect desciption for the shenanigans those two pulled off. What was it with them and eating baby trees?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 pm

I don't know what it was about baby trees. I planted another tree like the first two years ago and they never touched it. Maybe it was THAT tree. Question
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 pm

That story is hilarious, Becky! That Konan was a rare devil! Sabi may have had nothing to do with the crime that day (that's his story and he's sticking to it) but you can't tell me he didn't learn a lot of his feisty go-for-it spirit from his bad boy best buddy. Cool

I don't think you could do better than place a memorial to Konan under that tree. I think he'd like that a lot.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 am

I am sure that the compadres fed off each other. They would get into all kinds of mischief. There were a few escapes. They somehow could find the one board that wasn't quite right, and knock it down. The tree incident was the only time they destroyed the fence. The rest of the time, they popped the nails carefully and just walked down to the neighbors' house. It was completely disconcerting when it happened at night and I'd wake up to find ponies wandering around. Fortunately, that happened less often as the old man got old. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Then I'd presume Konan was the main instigator of these shenanigans and great escapes. I know it was annoying at times, but you will miss it just the same.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

He was quite the little troublemaker. If I ever found a door open in the barn, it was Konan's. He wouldn't stay in if I used stall guards in the summer. He would never go far, but he was sure he wanted to make sure I knew he didn't NEED to stick around. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:10 pm

What a personality he had. He's left some pretty big horseshoes to fill............hope the next horse is able to do that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 pm

bpaquet wrote:He was quite the little troublemaker. If I ever found a door open in the barn, it was Konan's. He wouldn't stay in if I used stall guards in the summer. He would never go far, but he was sure he wanted to make sure I knew he didn't NEED to stick around. Laughing

"Don't Fence Me In" is playing in my head. Imagining those two in an Old West movie. Sabi is the young rascal who deep down wants the security of a home and family. Konan is the mysterious stranger, a long cool drink of water with a great heart but his own agenda. He likes the schoolmarm just fine and is happy to eat her biscuits and sleep in her warm barn. But he always knows that one day he'll be movin' on. Nice as he can, he reminds her of that fact from time to time.

May you travel on to lush green pastures, Konan. With a bit of kick in the mix to keep things interesting. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 am

That was beautiful, Suzzzz. Thank you.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down