BIJOUX

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BIJOUX

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 am

Poor Bijoux has had his dinner late several times in the past week. No wonder he's miffed at us. And we always come back smelling of other furkids. I did get a few cuddles from him yesterday, and he even sat on my lap for a lil while before we headed out. He declined to go for a walker ride with me when we got back, probably because he had asked to go for one earlier and mom couldn't take him since she had an appointment with her building manager. She had to tell him no, and he looked so disappointed.

I do hope Bijoux lets me love up on him today, I'm going over earlier so I'll have some time to do that before heading over to my sister's again tonight. Since Maggie was gone with my nephew to Delevan to visit friends (and their furkids) my sister's kitties got their dinner last night and breakfast today with nobody trying to nudge them out of the bowls (and eat their wetfood). Annabelle is still very vocal and missing her mom, so I held and rocked her for nearly 1/2 hour this morning. She was purring up a storm for me! Even Moxie was less grumpy and seemed to love my attention too. She's starting to mellow out in her old age I guess.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:23 am

Managed to get some good snuggles in before we headed over to Brads to watch a couple episodes of Greatest American Hero, then head out to take care of sis' kitties. We got back 15 minutes before Bij's dinnertime so didn't get much of a Wetfood Revue Show and he was in no rush eating it, unlike the night before. He was so hungry that night he wolfed it down, then urped it back up. Poor baby. I stayed up so I could get some snuggles in post-dinner too, and insisted on carrying him down the hall to see me off, and he got a nice walker ride on the way back home to nap off his full tummy with mom.

Only one more day of furkid sitting and Bijoux's usual routine will be restored back to normal. Hopefully I will get my cuddlekitty back too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Speaking of cuddle kitties. Herself is parked next to
me as I use the computer.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Gateway too! It was 20 degrees cooler today than it was on Sunday. He is enjoying being a people kitty again.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:55 am

Maybe Boo is making sure you don't post any unflattering stuff about her in here! Gateway on the other hand is making sure his mom posts about his handsome self being right there to proofread and make suggestions.

Bijoux greeted me quite warmly yesterday despite smelling of Maggie, Moxie, and Annabelle. I think he misses me. We took him for a long walker ride down the hallways to see all the changes in the lighting. He sure stared quixically at mom's naked door (had to take all the jokes, signs, etc off), I think he thought it was the wrong door. Nice cuddles after the ride. Mom and I left to try out the computers they put in for the building's residents (NO, I can't use them) and I helped her figure out how to get online. Bij was right at the door waiting for us when we got back, ready for his dinner. Short song while putting it in the bowl, a cuddle and a burp between trips to the bowl, and asked for another walker ride. He got it too, to see me off. I even got a nitenite kiss.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Maybe Bijoux is getting used to your babysitting gig. He'll fall right back into the regular routine though. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:23 pm

teach your mom how to use the net and she might start posting about bij herself!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Nah, she can hardly get her fingers to type. She just wants the internet coupons for Petsmart, Science Diet, stuff like that and online sale ads for stores we no longer get ads for in the newspaper. Also the occasional coupon.

Bijoux is definitely making up for lost laptime! He slept either on or next to mom all night (holding her hand with a paw to make sure she couldn't leave the room without him knowing about it). He was glued to mom and me all day Saturday and Sunday since we didn't have to go over to furkid sit. A quick sniff at the door to comfirm I hadn't seen any other furkids was enough. Seemed so happy we didn't leave him, we got plenty of snuggles and kisses. Very Happy Didn't even mind when we went over to Brads for a couple hours Saturday night. Nearly got bowled over at the door with his welcome, smothered me in kisses and deafened me with his purrs. Instant lapkitty looking for loving strokes and massages from both of us. He only left us for a couple minutes a a time: to look at the flock of birds at his feeder (reminds me-I have to refill it today), get a drink or a quick snack, or visit the bathroom. Otherwise he was constantly snuggling with either me or mom all night long. Even insisted on going with us on the walker to make sure mom wasn't leaving with me when I went home.

I think Bijoux is much happier now that his usual routine has been restored.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Silly boy.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 am

Major cuddlebugitis continues. Bijoux didn't even greet me at the door, he was too busy being glued to mom. Eventually he did come over to give me a hello kiss and cuddle, and snuggle in my lap until my legs fell asleep. Then it was moms' turn again. A couple hours later Brad knocked on the door, and off went Bijoux. (Brad needed his phone plugged into the charger) Not long after that Bijoux saw a fly buzzing around the place and went off after it. So funny! Leaping, pouncing, swatting, head zigzagging watching where it was going and then following it. When he lost track he'd look at me like I hid it or something. Then the fly would zip past him again (I swear that fly was teasing him) and off Bij would go. He had it a couple times and I think he let it go so he could track it down again. It isn't often he gets live prey to go after. Bijoux had a blast! Of course, that makes a kitty hungry and tired. Didn't get much of a Wetfood Revue, he was too tired, but he ate well enough before dragging himself to take a nap. We hadn't seen that fly for a while so maybe it got back out the way it came in. Bijoux was napping on map when I left for home so no nitenite kiss for me.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:56 am

Still a velcrocat! Must be making up for all that cuddletime he didn't get last week. Bijoux was ironing wrinkles in mom and I both (and not just our clothes either) with his body heat. Got loads of kisses and purrs, plus hugs! Bij even brought mom a toy schmousie to sleep with. How cute is that? And that chicken got guarded again when mom made the noodles. Had a lil hopeful face right there at the edge of my plate, slightly licking his lips..........who could resist? I gave him a few tiny nibbles and that seemed to make him happy. I also offered him a pea but he didn't want that. Instant lapkitty the instant I stretched out again after dinner. Nice nitenite kisses when I left for home.

Mom told me he woke up at 5:30am and asked for a walker ride. Of course mom wasn't about to go out at that hour and told him no. Soooooo, he starts banging the pantry door instead, demanding crunchies. Guess he wanted to drown his sorrows at not getting a walker ride in a bowl of fresh crunchies.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Tell your mom that's a relatively quiet kitty alarm. Envigado, who normally loves EVERYONE, will start beating up Jay Jay if I'm not up by 6:15 AM!!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

if i don't get up and give out at least two bowls of crunchies on time the Rescue Kitties start knocking things off or whatever they can climb/jump on....or they start clawing one of the boxed i'm packing up (well i should pack 'em up and tape 'em up and stack 'em up high!)or the fitted sheets.not quite as bad as starting a fight...but they've done that too;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Boo is very restrained. She stares, and I mean
STARES!!!! Then a very sad and sorrowful mew.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Sue Short wrote:

Boo is very restrained. She stares, and I mean
STARES!!!! Then a very sad and sorrowful mew.
We get that as a prelude to the beginning of the Wetfood Revue Show.

Bijoux is still very much a velcrocat for us! Every time he hears the phone ring or the door being knocked on he's right there, to make sure you aren't going to leave him. He follows mom and me everywhere too. Can't even have privacy in the bathroom without kitty 'help'. I know he's very much enjoying us being home and not even going out to walk the halls without him tagging along. I did get the 3rd degree sniff yesterday since I saw Buddy in the lobby and he sat on my lap giving my loving cuddles and puppy kisses. Bij didn't seem mad, just wanted to know who'd I'd seen. I asked him if he remembered Buddy, the nice quiet pup from upstairs. Didn't get any answer except purrs, and a liberal application of Eau de Bijoux all over me. Filled Bij's birdfeeder, and he was treated to an entire flock of house wrens digging in. Brad got a hummer feeder and the hummer from his tree was checking it out. Don't know if Bij saw that or not but if he watches long enough he will. Brad was surprised a hummer found his feeder less than an hour after it was put out. Told him the hummer nest in his tree is practically on top of it so I'm surprised it too that long! LOL Bijoux took a nap on my chair while we were gone to Brads, and was right at the door waiting for dinner when we got back. Stole my warm spot afterwards (we went to set up an email acct for mom), so no nitenite kisses for me.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Well Boo supervised the defrosting of the fridge. At least
she didn't crawl into it. Silly cat girl. Very Happy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:55 pm

yeah she could have gotten into the fridge and had a frosty shower!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Not so silly, she was cooling off in the almost most efficient way possible since she couldn't reach the freezer compartment. Now if she'd actually gone inside she'd find out she would be cooled off in a hurry. There'd be no way to stop her from climbing in during the summer then.

Bijoux has been hogging the breeze from the AC and the fan lately. All mom gets is a hot cat sitting on her while she's trying to sleep. On top of her tummy is a great place to catch the cross breezes from both Ac and fan and he knows it. He got to see the hummingbird at Brad's feeder yesterday. Mom said he was making such weird lil mewy sounds. I got a very nice greeting in the bedroom this morning waiting for mom to be ready to go the farmers market. He'd already did the morning birdwatching and was resting on the bed. Gave me lots of kisses and purrs. I'm sure I'll have a cuddlekitty again for a while when I leave here (Brad is ordering pizza and yes we're invited). He sure was in a cuddle mood last night and seemed to still be in one today.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Bijoux is still very much a snugglebug. Lately though he's been waking mom up around 4am wanting to go for a walker ride down the hallways. Then again at 5am to ask for breakfast. I keep telling him a sleep-deprived mommy is a grumpy one, but he won't listen. Stole my warm spot every time I got up for something. Guess he was keeping my seat warm for me since he got up and sat on the footrest so I could sit down, then get instant lapcat again. Getting such polite requests for his dinner lately too, only when we're scooping it up and warming it in the microwave do we get a bit of singing and dancing. I got lots of leg rubs last night, and thankyou kisses too. No nitenite kiss though when I left for home, he was too busy stealing my warm spot--again.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Oh! The kitty alarm clock is off. I wonder if the shorter days are messing with his sleep. I know I got used to the sun being up at 5 and setting at 8:30. Now, it's up at about 6 and setting at around 8. I hope he will let your mom sleep though. You're right... A sleep deprived mommy can be a dangerous thing!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 pm

I agree Tia Becky, Mom's a real crab when something wakes
her up at night and she can't get back to sleep.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 am

Yeah, she's a night owl to start with but when she tries to sleep and the pain of arthritis keeps her awake, a kitty waking her up when she finally drifts off makes her a very grumpy dangerous thing to deal with. Shocked Poor lil guy kept getting pushed off. He was very gentle climbing on top of her and settling in, it was the deep kneading that woke her up. Poor Bij, he was only being a good kitty.

At the door to greet me quite warmly. Mom was sleeping like a rock on the couch, she didn't even hear me come in or sit down. I was rocking Bijoux when she finally opened her eyes and realized she wasn't alone........ and that Bijoux wasn't bugging her for a snack. Brad knocked while Bijoux was in the window birdwatching, I wonder if he saw the same lil hummer I did. It's kinda hard to see Brad's feeder from Bijoux's window. Got lots of snuggles from velcrokitty. We both fell asleep in my chair. Gave him my warm spot and got several kisses when I left early for home to go to bed. I was so tired from the storm waking me up so early.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I love feeling kitty kneading at night. But, I'm lucky that I don't have arthritis. For me, it's like a great massage.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm

how about getting woke up by having your freshly shampoo'd hair getting rubbed on by a cat face? i'm starting to train myself to go back to sleep but he can be persistant!

i think we all need cat food timers....then the kittes can just automatically get food and not wake us up!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 am

Mom gets woke up with a paw tapping her cheek a lot of the time. Bijoux prefers the human touch when it comes to dining, he also prefers not to eat alone.

Bijoux had quite a day yesterday. Not only did he get to see me for a couple minutes before we headed out to the farmer's market, but workers were painting the apartment door frames when we got back. While the lady was putting on the first coat, I held Bijoux so he could watch (and not have to be locked up since the door had to be open). When the guys came to put on the second coat, mom held him. Since they all have furkids at home Bijoux was oooohed and aaaaahed over a lot. Of course, Bij loved being the center of attention! Got quite a few cuddles in while mom napped, then Bij asked for some of my corn while we had dinner. He went off to birdwatch in his window (his feeder is being swarmed by lots of house wrens and the chipmunk) and we went to Brads to watch a dvd. Bijoux was in my chair when we got back, and snuggled with me a while. Mom gave him his dinner early, didn't even get our Wetfood Revue Show, since she was so tired. I was tired too so left for home early. Tucked Bijoux into his afghan on my warm spot in the chair. He settled right in and kissed me nitenite.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum