BIJOUX

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BIJOUX

Post by Sue Short on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Bijoux, I tried to be mighty huntress. Mom laughed at me.
I was chasing this pidgon and it took flight. I leaped to grab it.
All I got was tail feathers. Boo
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Boo come up here..you might have to get up early to catch them but there's been a TON of pigeons around here! (never saw pigeons in this town before but suddenly they're in the road when i'm going into work in the morning!)

jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Boo, I wonder if you'd have gotten that pigeon if you weren't so.............uh..............well-rounded?

Bijoux has been a major cuddlebug for mom and me--still. Glued to mom all night and all day until I show up, then I get him for a long time. Last night was no exception, he was glued to me all evening (mom was napping) except to use the pan, get a drink or a snack, or go to the door because he heard someone in the hall. He did leave for about 10 minutes to go birdwatch at sundown, then back to snug with me some more. Even was laying on one of my ankles for a while wanting to play What's Under the Footrest with my other foot (boy is that hard to do). Mom said he had to have a paw or his head touching her at all times. Woke up to a patting on the cheek and shoulder, then a lip lick (Mom, I'm hungry). Not obnoxious, but a very polite asking IMHO for breakfast. He's been so good lately. And asks for walker rides every day, guess he wants to keep tabs on the construction going on in the building lately. I gave him some of my corn and he was so happy. Got his dinner on time too without having to ask, got plenty of thankyou kisses and cuddles. Tucked him into his fleece quilt on my warm chair and got nitenite kisses.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Gateway was a fleece sleeper today too. I worked at home and he spent most of the day napping on the daybed in the guest bedroom/office. My fleece barn coat is folded on the end of the bed because I ran out of storage space. He tucked himself into the coat and purred himself to sleep.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Very Happy you know the barn cats camp out on
the fleece saddle pads.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Awwwww, I bet Gateway looked so cute tucked into that fleece coat! Didn't get a pic of that by any chance did you?

Bijoux was snuggled on mom most of the night and day, until I came in yesterday. She was still very tired, so was sound asleep and didn't hear me come in. Didn't notice Bij get up to come greet me either. Nice long lapsnuggles and hello kisses from my favorite boy. He took my warm spot on the chair when I left to go to Brads, and was still there when I got back. Mom stayed home to nap some more. Apparently he'd gotten up a few times to check on her. I think he'd a bit worried since she's been sleeping so much lately. Guess he doesn't understand that when arthritic joints hurt and you have a migraine you're not getting quality sleep so you get quantity instead. Got his dinner right away since it was a bit after 9, got a nice bit of singing and leg rubbing while warming it up. Several thankyou cuddles with burps, then off to his cuddlebed where he could bathe and keep an eye on mom. Gave him nitenite cuddles and kisses and went home.

How long do you think it took for him to get up and go snuggle with mom?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm thinking a regular clock can't measure those fractions of seconds. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:21 pm

You are so right! Mom said I wasn't even out of the building yet last night when he came back to snuggle with her some more. I got a nice hello greeting, a short snuggle, then he was back to lay on mom. He was mom's boy yesterday. Only time he got off her to come to me was when I was eating almonds (he heard the bag rattling and had to see if it was something he wanted). When he turned his nose up at them, it was immediately go back to mom again. He was powernapping so deeply his legs were dangling on either side of her, paws twitching. She said he felt like his weight doubled..............Bijoux barely noticed when I left for home early.

Any bets on what kind of treatment I get today from Bij?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Hopefully a more enthusitic greeting than
I got today.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 am

Nope. He was too busy snuggling with mom to really notice me. Bijoux did eventually come to greet me and snuggle for a few minutes, only because I insisted on picking him up and holding him close. He was glued to mom all day and all evening again. Guess I need to take a bath in catnip again. I did get a nice song n dance while getting his dinner ready and a short thankyou cuddle with kisses. Then he headed to the door and asked to go for a walker ride. Gave him his nitenite kiss then since I knew I won't get one at the patio door. He was looking all over the hallway at the new light fixtures and the wires still hanging in the community room. I know mom took him down quite a few hallways for her exercise before heading home.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Well he at least he is treating to the WetFood Revue.
I'm being treated to "ZZZZ'S'
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Mom had me make a big fuss over cleaning his food bowl and giving him fresh crunchies, complete with a few treats on top. Not only did Bijoux really appreciate it but I also petted him a bit while he ate and he came to thank me for it! I got snuggles, purrs, kisses............I was in heaven. I didn't even move when dinner was ready, mom had to bring my plate to me since I didn't want to lose my lapbaby. Bijoux barely stirred but when he caught a sniff of panseared chicken and fresh corn wafting over him, he sure sat up fast enough. And asked me for a few nibbles. I gave it to him of course. He loved it. I got more cuddles in thanks. We went to Brads for a movie, but I made sure Bijoux knew I'd be back and to have fun watching the birds at the feeder. Bijoux was at the door waiting for us when we got back and I headed straight for the kitchen, asking him what flavor he wanted on the way. Got treated to a short wetfood revue with loads of leg rubbing and singing. (gave an extra large helping) Got more than a few thankyou cuddles and a couple burps, and I insisted on rocking my sweetie (told him I needed to hug a kitty so he didn't protest) for a while. After a nice bath I picked him up and cuddled him some more until he really asked to be set down. Over to the walker, up onto the seat, and a cute tiny mew...............we took him for a ride up and down the halls before I headed home.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Sounds like Angel has taken lessons from Bijoux, except
Bij is a gentleman and Angel is just a wild woman.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Angel is still young yet, give her time. I remember when Bijoux was so full of energy and a bit of the devil......

Nowhere in sight when I walked in but Bijoux didn't waste any time coming out to greet me. He was quite warm all over so I know he was in his cubebed all curled up napping. Such nice purrs, cuddles, and a hug too. Guess he knew I wasn't feeling all that well last night. Gave me extra attention and snuggled right in where I needed the bodyheat the most. Brad invited us over so I tucked Bijoux into my warm spot and told him I'd be back in a lil while. When we got back Bijoux was right there at the door to greet me, and asking to be picked up. He wanted his dinner early but mom said no. But he kept asking, pleading, and being in more than two places at once (or so it seemed). Mom caved just so he'd leave her alone, but he went back to her after he'd seen me between two trips to the bowl (and two burps too) and asked her to pick him up and rock him. He burped for her too and snuggled for a few minutes, then wanted to polish off his dinner. The bowl was so clean when he got done you almost could put it back in the cupboard. One last thankyou snuggle and he 'suggested' we go for a walker ride. I even got a nitenite kiss at the patio door! Shocked It's the first time he's given me one at the door like that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm now getting more enthusiastic greetings and snuggles, but Bijoux is still very much a momma's boy. He's still constantly glued to her when I'm not there, and sometimes even when I am. Got nice snuggling before we went to Brads, a very nice song n dance for dinner, thankyou cuddles and kisses. No walker rides for a while since they're painting the hallways in the building and the paint fumes are giving mom and I trouble breathing. (and it's such a nasty dark tan-brown color too) We don't want to subject his precious lil lungs on that nasty stuff. Just wish we could explain why we have to say no now when he asks for a ride.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 am

Major cuddlebugitis still rules! And I got plenty of kitty cuddles over the weekend--finally! Great song n dance wetfood revues and thankyou cuddles afterwards. Mom has been wheezing and coughing for days after inhaling paint fumes fetching the mail on Friday. I can see she's going to have breathing problems until they're finished painting the hallways. Probably will have to move out temporarily with Bij when they paint the apartment itself. Why can't HUD get the low-odor paints? Poor Bijoux hasn't had a walker ride since they started, but keeps asking for them anyway. How do we explain why he can't go out? So far he hasn't had the breathing problems mom and I have been having from it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Since Friday...?!! Wow! What a Face
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Ugh! Paint can be really nasty stuff. I bet they're using the oil based stuff too. That seems to smell longer than the other stuff. I guess HUD uses the stinky stuff because it's cheap. Sigh...
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:06 pm

No joke. I remember when the redid the Lair a couple of years
ago. I thought we were all going to die. Even the pets were sick.
They are pricey but since the contractor low bid the job, well you
know how it goes.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:19 pm

It's water base but the fumes are terrible. It's making everybody sick even if their lungs are healthy and so is the rest of them. Everyone has headaches and trouble breathing. At least these contractors aren't watering down the paint like the last time it was done, less than 5 years ago. I swear some of the paint on the walls was only one molecule thick in spots. At least these guys are taping off, cutting in properly, and putting it on in two coats (instead of one that runs). My mom is still coughing, I had trouble breathing yesterday and got a headache from it. She's got her door all taped shut trying to keep the fumes out. Had fun getting in, had to knock on the window so she could start untaping so I could get in. Poor Bijoux doesn't understand why he can't go out, he hasn't been by the door when it's open to smell those fumes (thank heavens).

Had my cuddlekitty all evening long, until primetime birdwatching at 7pm. After the birds left, I had my lapbaby back. Got actual hugs and everything, plus plenty of kisses and purrs too. Bijoux kept trying to lay with mom to make her feel better, but her constant coughing kept him awake and jolted him to the floor about every half hour. He finally compromised by laying next to her so he could keep an eye on her. I think he's worried about her. Got a nice song n dance for dinner, thankyou cuddles and kisses, and he even thanked mom (for buying it I guess). Nitenite kisses and stole my warm spot in the chair.

If we think the paint fumes are bad, wait until we get the glue fumes from the new carpet they're going to put in the hallways after they're done painting...............that will be far worse. Last time they used glue with chemicals that had been banned for use in this country. Killed the woman who lived down the hall, she had bad lungs. Made everyone else very sick.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm

That is the pits. Hopefully they won't have to redo for at least
another five years.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

you really can't expect them to use the expensive paint ...be thankful they even paint. when i lived in an apt i was in there for over 10 yrs and never got a lick of paint on the walls.
instead of painting they could have come in and washed the walls down and the stuff they used might be stinkier than the paint!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

They really had no choice but to paint. Not only did the old paint job just not cut it but they pretty much tore it up putting in the new lighting fixtures. I know the paint isn't cheap but low odor isn't that much more to pay for (it's on sale here). Mom's hall got two coats yesterday, a lighter tan than the lobby got thank heavens. Smells to high heaven, not only is mom still coughing up a storm with aching ribs, but I got a headache and asthma attack out of one lungful of fumes. Now my throat is sore from coughing and I still have a headache. Even Bijoux avoids the door when it's open. Mom has it taped shut and we duck in and out so fast to keep the nasty fumes out.

Bijoux has been a real cuddlekitty, trying to make mom feel better. He doesn't understand why mom is coughing so much, only that she is and it's making her miserable. So he tries to apply plenty of those healing kitty vibes and kisses. He snuggled with her and with me a lot last night too, but when he was snuggled with me he made sure he was facing mom so he could keep a close eye on her. Gave him a nice backscratching and combing (got enough hair to make a mouse from), got a hug and kiss from Bij for that. Nice song n dance for his dinner, burped him and settled him into his quilt on my chair. Lots of nitenite kisses! Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Very Happy That's a new one cat hair mouse.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm

i'm imagine it would look like a felted mouse!
when i first got the zoom groom brush i got enough fur to make kitty wigs.....there might be some pictures around here of kitties wearing them. they were pretty funny!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum