Rescue Kitties

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rescue Kitties

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:55 pm

i've had that stew.....i think i would go back and eat it...to me if it smells like beef it smells good...even if its cat food! trader joes for a short time had tins of roast beef (like they also make chicken)that was really good. if they still had it i might have bought a can to see if the kitties could eat it!
but so far so good...though nobe isn't eating her dry food....she ate a bit but not a lot. everyone seems okay..maybe they just don't feellike eating a lot.
Last night i came home to find Salem sitting in the window with the pop bottles of catnip! He was just sitting there not eating it. i keep telling him that i'll be home for three or four days with them now!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Maybe Salem was guarding the nip so the other kitties wouldn't molest it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:34 pm

oh no...he was sitting in the side window so he could be sure to see me when i came home. i was coming home late, they didn't get the wet food on time and he wanted to make sure i wasn't desserting them! last night i had four cats on the bed with me all night and all morning long. whenever i'd lay down today i'd have three cats on me and one right beside me. Toothpick is above my head, carter is on my legs and either salem or franny is laying near or looking at my face.
they're used to me sometimes coming home after dark in the winter but i'm usually home by 5:00 and esp by 6:00. when i don't get home til after 9:00 i think THEY think i've desserted them.

last night i noticed that Salem had a little bump on the underside of his chin. he's had them before. i don't know exactly what they are but they remind me of the little cysts i get on my face a few times a year. I'm keeping my eye on it and watching if it goes down or gets bigger or whatever.it doesn't seem to be bothering him(he's not itching it) and i can touch it without it bothering him.so we'll see how it goes. like i've said, he's had this at least a couple times before.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Kitties can get ingrown hairs too, maybe that's the cause of the cyst? Or it's a pore that's clogged, they get acne too. Just keep an eye on it.

I think Salem was watching for you because he wanted to be the first to greet you (and be fed too).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:49 pm

well the little bump is going down. i'll see if its even still there tomorrow.

nobody greets me anymore..not since Buddy's not here. HE was my greeter and always made me feel like i wanted to come home.
Salem is very food oriented...he knew he was supposed to have the wet food in the saucer no later than 8:00 and it was pretty well past 9;00 when i came up the driveway.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm

On Daisy's site, there's a post from last week about Harley's lumps. They look kind of like cysts. Maybe that's what's up? I don't remember what the treatment was, but it didn't sound bad.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 pm

i remember that and that's what got me watching the bump so closely. harley seemed to have his on his lip and they said that he had stuff coming out of his whisker holes. salem's never had that. i've read earlier that resting their chins on food or water bowls can cause bumps...it could be something like that. i'm being really careful about the dishes now. i wish i had different dishes than the sort of china ones that are really dog bowls. (I got a lot of these bowls not long after i first mobed here and gave them to the folks upstairs to use for auctions to raise money for the doxie rescue. well, they started getting used for the dogs upstairs only. so i brought a couple down here for water. (they've taken so many of the cat dishes upstairs it makes me sick...esp when they took and have kept the little silver dish that i bought esp for Buddy when he was so sick. that stupid little bowl means a lot of me and now its just used like any other bowl).

I don't know...aren't those silver stainless steele bowls supposed to be the best for animals to eat from?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I know that you are not supposed to use plastic. Just keep an eye on
it. If Salem will let try using a warm damp cloth on it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Glass dishes are okay too as long as they aren't lead crystal.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Stainless is easy to disinfect and also to keep clean. I think that's why it's recommended. I don't know that a regular people saucer wouldn't work just as well though.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 pm

the china dish is what i put the water in....the saucers are what they eat their wet food from. so far the chin buti swear is gone....if its not its almost completely gone with no scab or anything so it can't be itching him.
salem was itching his 'non ear' the other day and the spot where the ear was was red and almost bleeding. i put a little tiny tiny bit of vaseline on it and trimmed his back toenails and its better too.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Was Salem itching because of dry skin or fleas? I'm actually hoping it is dry skin since scratching the same spot his ear used to be could be a sign that the cancer came back. (((((((((HEAVEN FORBID VIBES)))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:41 pm

i've already been worrying for a month or more about salem and cancer. i try NOT to think about it.
there's no fleas. but he tends to itch in different places. he doesn't lick his sides so much anymore. he had worn big patches on his sides off the last couple years. he seems to get better when i've got all the blankets on the bed washed. think i'll have to do that again when i have two days off next week.can't wait til the summer when i can put lighterweight stuff on the bed and make it easier to wash on a weekly basis.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, itches more if the blankets aren't washed often? Sounds like maybe a dust mite allergy........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Petie used to itch like that. I never could figure out what it was. We treated the symptoms, but couldn't stop whatever it was. It doesn't seem to be coming back now that he's inside, so maybe it was fleas. We'll never know. I hope you get to the bottom of it, Jeane.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 am

Speaking of blankets Jeane, the blankets you sent me are a cold
water wash aren't they.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm

i don't think it matters too much....i probably wouldn't wash 'em in boiling hot water but warm water and maybe even hot water would be okay (If you needed to sanitize 'em or whatever). you can throw 'em in the dryer as well. if anything happens to 'em i can always make another one! i rarely use any fancy yarn when i'm making blankets and stuff. i know they're gonna get used and they'll need to be washed and dried:) you can even hang 'em out to dry if you want..they wouldn't go out of shape!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 pm

I washed one in warm water and dried it. No problems. The kitties went right back to it and furred it right up. Those are great blankets, Jeane. Thanks!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 pm

i just love that they're being used. might get me working on some more and getting rid some of these bits of yarn around here.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 pm

I'll do a cold water wash and fluff dry, like I do this
huge wool blend throw,
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

today is the day i gave Judy's kids as a birthday....really they were probably born at the end of March or the very beginnig of April. but i gave them the same bd as some of my fave people....Conan OBrien, Jane Leeves and David Tennant;) so as soon as their saucers are done soaking they'll get their bd present of fancy feast special beefy food with extra gravy;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

I tend to use leftover yarn from previous project to make the pet blankets that I make and donate to the shelter. I figure it's a way to use up yarn and I do use yarn that can be washed in hot water without worry.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Happy Borthday Rescue Kitties!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RESCUE KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! cat cat cat
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Happy birthday Rescue Kitties! Yummy!!! Beefy foods. Today is a good day. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum