Rescue Kitties

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rescue Kitties

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm

I am so sorry Jeane, to hear about Ms. Puff. I know she must've been lonely for your and the rescue kitties company all that time. Now she isn't alone anymore. (((((hug)))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 pm

honestly i think she did better up there alone than down here cuz she terrorized the other cats...even her own brother and sister! the thing that i feel bad about is that she was shut in there...a lot of times with the door shut so she only had one little window to look out at. they're so afraid that a cat might hurt something or mess with the dogs that they shut her up like she was in jail and occassionally let her out when the dogs were shut in another room.
i have no idea how old she was....they were full grown when i first came to visit here so she had to be at least maybe 14 yr old..still not that old for a kitty who spent most of her life inside!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm

so sorry about MsPuff
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Sad
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 pm

That's so sad about Ms. Puff...her stories will certainly be missed... Sad

Sue, you might be interested to know that Dallas rates very well in terms of affordability. ALMOST had a job in Plano...but the surveyor didn't get the cell tower site design contract. That one is perhaps the biggest letdown in my job search so far! After reading all the wonderful things both Jeane and you wrote about Texas, I was really looking forward to moving down that way! bounce Ah well, on to the next thing, I s'pose... confused
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I remember that Arni. .

Jeane, I'm so sorry about Ms Puff. Jeane, you go above and beyond for the Rescue Kitties.
(((((((((((HUGS AND LOVE TO YOU AND THEM))))))))
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Hugs to you!

Miss Puff is definitely enjoying the bridge after her experience upstairs. You really are the best with those kitties.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

tx is nice but you have to be in the right place. Houston is a no go...too violet and racist..it changed a lot in the 90s. AND be sure you like heat and humidity though!
but the food it great...if you['re into music and arty stuff Austin is nice. San Antonio i used to visit and loved it.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

My parents lived in Corpus Christi for a couple years. It was kind of a neat place. I love Padre Island, Austin and San Antonio. Houston didn't do much for me, but I really only experienced the airport.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 am

welll most people want to see the Galleria in houston..the bigmall but its not that great anymore. just a fancy mall.
San Antonio has just too much to do and see..you need a very long weekend. i was at galveston or corpus can't remember which once and had great sea food. austin is great for music and Esher's Follies if its still going on.Gawd i need to get back down to TX again. was talking to some other folks about brisket that falls off your fork and grits and greens and biscuits an gravy. i'm not eat much besides cheese sandwiches and cereal lately...can't even salvage most of the stuff i'm given here. tonight i had corn chips...the lateri had to make a tuna sandwich...but hey, ya know? I've lost 15lbs last time i checked. wouldnm't mind losing about5 more before Tues! (no.not 5 in the few days... the last time i weighed myself was over a week so it would be doable:)

jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:20 pm

well, I'd love to go to Texas, but I noticed you didn't say anything about the Dallas Area and if I were to go that's where it would be because that's where my brother lives (and of course, our own Sue Short) Very Happy
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I have relatives in Corpus and Brownsville that I haven't seen in ages.......

How is Salem doing Jeane?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 pm

i've never been to up to the dallas forth worth area..the farthest north in tx i went was austin for aweekend with a friend and her family to see her sister in college. that's when i went to esther's follies and a great steak place (the first and last time i everhad filet mignon ...my friend father was paying and that's what they said 'go ahead and get it'Wink
i'm sure sue can tell ya a lot more about dfw than i can!

salem's don'g fine...he scratches his ear but not much more than the other kitties do theirs. he gets yelled at cuz he sits in the front window and has had some gack attacks but what can you expect from a cat? (I wish they would just haul all that stuff upt to the bedroom ms puff was in..its empty now so it would make more sense and seem like it would be more convenient. oh well..its not my house).

sorry forlk for not being around so much. but i've been making things for the meet up at Davy's memorial this Tues....and trying to get things set up over there.
i'm trying not to be nervous and i'm trying not to think who might actually show up for this thing. (don't want to get my heart set on something that probably won't happen).but its gonna be interesting to say the least. i have a feeeling i'll be hanging ouver over night in the city cuz the last bus out is at 12:30. so i have to make sure there's plenty of chow and water for the kitties...but they will get double wet food when i get home..i keep telling them that! (which reminds me..i need to gather my coupons together and get some wet food..the stock up i did around christmas but the sale was on and there was money to spend it pretty near gone!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Who's Davy?
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm

How's the Something for Salem project coming along.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 pm

something for salem sort of got put on hold when i got so sick with my allergies...i need to get it back up and running before the end of april though.

davy is Davy Jones....the little english guy from the monkees. there wasn't a bit deal made over his death like ol whipme's. the dude had been in the business since the late 50s or early 60s (before he was put on the show the Monkees he did theater and radio over in England...he was the original artful dodger in the musical oliver (I think lk says she remembers when he did the part on B"way).his career spanned 40+ decades and he never had a big stinky scandal, never stopped working etc. Yet he barely got a mention most places and ETW didn't even give him half a page.
here's a pic of davy back in the monkees day with a kitty that looks sorta like antonio

and i think is later on...i want to say this was during the time of the hendrex intro?

and later...for those who might have only seen the show on mtv or nickelodon (I think that was the cable station that carried it..i didn't have cable back then) this is how they looked when they were doing concerts and mike was off doing videos and movies and creating a little something called MTV...
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Heehee! "Whipme..." I'm sick, but I find that hilarious. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Wow...an explanation of who Davy is, complete with pictures and everything!! ROTFL THAT Davy is familiar to me...heck, I'm not THAT young! lol! I just didn't remember you writing about that Davy at all and thought you might be talking about a relative or pet! bounce
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 am

becky glad ya liked thew whipme line.
and a pet Davy..i've got to remember that:) i guess Micky,Mike,Peter and Davy were so much ingrained in my brain froj childhood that i figure everyone knows the names like they know ringo,paul,john and george!
by this time tomorro i'll have experienced my first concert..might not be home til Weds and will hopefuoly sleeep the day away but ill be on later in the eveningl.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am

Enjoy yourself chickie. Very Happy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

wil come on here later and tel ya more..butr right now that nasty food from BBKIngs is really messing up my stomach. oh gawd i cna't even explain it cuz its making ne naseuas! but i think from now on if i got there its ice cream and gingerale ONLY! I don't THINK you can mess up ice cream!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

You may be right there Jeane. Hard to mess up ice cream.
((((((((((((SOOTHING TUMMY VIBES))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:42 pm

still feeling ick...slept for a bit and felt better but got up and now feel barfy. maybe i need another hit of pepto! i had a bacon cheese burger from mcd's after midnight and i think that combined with a nasty baked potato (hard as a rock..hot all the way through but HARD and not cooked)...and then is mississippi mud pie that was more like clay ..honestly that's what it feels like clay going through my instestines! so i'm drinkng sprite, tea and having pudding and apple sauce to see if it helps. i want to feel better cuz i want to go back into the city tomorrow and see my friends before they leave on Fri.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm

I can see all the pix here. Thanks for showing us Liam again. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Hope your tummy is feeling all better now Jeane.

I couldn't see the pics....as usual. Liam was a big fluffy yellow kitty, wasn't he?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum