Rescue Kitties

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rescue Kitties

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes, how is Salem doing today? Have the other kitties been nice to him? Do they seem concerned about him and that cone?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 pm

becky i have a feeling that before long peanut butter on crackers is gonna be my breakfast. i try tog et something i can shove in my mouth fast but that will stay with me for a while!

salem's doing pretty good...he took his medicine okay last night an again this morning, of course he's not happy about it but he get itchin in his fave spots aftwards and some of his special wet food.

he may even get his own mini comic soon...i've started thinking about Cone Cat.

jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Glad to hear that he is doing pretty good and being reasonably good about taking his
meds.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Now you guys have me thinking about having Nutella on graham crackers...! YUMMMM!! Guess I'll put that craving in the delayed gratification file...

Anyway, does the scratching Salem gets in his favorite spots include near the area where the cone attaches? That thing, to him, probably gets itchy like a cast does to us humans Mad
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 pm

You know I never thought of that. Exclamation
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

oh yeah...he gets under the chin and around that whole lower cone..i try to sort of push it up a bit to get where its been hanging around his neck. then he get the tail itchin then he gets his little can of special food. He never eats the whole thing at one sitting even though its a little can. so he gets whatever he doesn't eat in the earlier medicine when he gets his second dose.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I can just hear him say, "AHHHH! Thanks, mom!"
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 am

more like 'its about time,minion!' right now he's allowing me about three inches of the edge of the chair to type this. (i'm only on cuz i'm doing an update/scan thingie and want to keep the computer on long enough to get it finished!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Salem may be wearing a cone and everything, but he still has his usual cattitude! Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 pm

salem doesn't go in to the vet again til Sat...and i think he'll be seeing the vet that day. i'd really like to know how he's healing and how long they think its gonna be before he's healed enough to go cone free. (and i need to ask for a print out of his bill so i know how much more i'm going to have to be paying. back before things started going down hill at work again (supposedly they're 'grooming' this guy they hired full time at christmas (to take over another person's job...a person who has been there since before the store opened)to take over my job. at least once a week i'm told out on the sales floor how horrible i am,how slow i am blahblahblah and how fast this guy is)that i would be able to get most of it paid off before the end of April..without taking a lot of the bank.
but getting 13 hr weeks and then at most 18 hr weeks its going to take me more than two weeks just to pay the rent....so i'm not going to be able to pay the amounti've been paying before to the vet. (I also, for some reason, thought that there were three paydays in March...nope, that doesn['t happen til July!...i was figuringif there were three i could use one check just for vet payment. esh, my brain is so messed up that sometimes i think i had a stroke a few years back and didn't know it!).

here's hoping the money from the t a x e s come in quick so i can make a large payment and feel better. (still have to findout how much some stuff will cost to ship so i can try to put them on an F B page and sell them).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 pm

I have a feeling that those flat-rate boxes that the USPS have might be the best option for shipping things! Good luck! Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

yeah if its something bigger or heavier....but a lot of my stuff are small and light like mini zines or little flattish toys. i have a book that i bought and had signed for some cousins over in Scotland but now can't afford to ship it to them so i've got to find that and put it up ...i won't ask for more than the cover price and shipping on that...but just getting the money back for some of this stuff will help. I even have a brand new digital camera that i paid like $2 for (yeah its perfectly fine, it was just the last one and i couldn't let it set there for $2!).
the mini zine are the only thing i can be sure of the price cuz i think i can send out three of those for one regular stamp....my zines are just one sheet of printer paper!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 pm

quick salem update..i really should just do it in here...need to come in here first!
i thought he was done with his antibiotics (he;s taking Orbax...it goes down pretty well and doesn't have much of a taste..i think he doesn' tlike getting it squirted into his mouth more than anything. cuz whatever doesn't get in his mouth and winds up on the side of his muzzle or the cone he licks off like its candy!)but i guess he will have to get more on Sun. (was supposed to get it today i guess but they took one of the dogs in for his asthma medicine at the same time as salem and some big dog was in there and i guess either the doxie thought he was a big bad dog or the big dog freaked him out.
Anyway....still haven't paid for the first batch of medicine....so i've got to wait til Tues when i can get to the bank and take my rolled up change to my checking account.
one good thing about working only 3 days a week,....i don't have a chance to spend money (since i don't leave the house when i'm not going to work)so my $25 a week stretches farther;)

OH! and Salem is down to about 6 stitches/staples. I can't count them too well cuz he doesn't like to keep his head up and let me look at for too long;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 pm

I know it always seems to one thing or the other. Still glad to hear that he has
more staples taken out. ((((((((((((((MORE HEALING VIBES AND PRAYERS)))))))))
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 am

Overall good news. It's funny to think about a kitty licking up his meds -- especially after Petie's story about spitting out his pills. Razz

<<>>
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Glad to hear Salem is still on the mend....fewer stitches is a good sign. Not keeping his head up for long could be cause it still hurts to stretch his neck out, the skin probably tugs a bit at the remaining stitches. Is the lil guy still wearing that cone?

(((((((((((((((((((((MORE STRONG HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 pm

oh salem spits out pills too...he does it so well that they go into hiding and i'd find them days later thinking he was good and took them! the liquid does better...unless its some weird flavored stuff..i mean, bubble gum is NOT a flavor a kitty likes. cats aren't even supposed to like sweet stuff..and its vibrant pink. at least this stuff is sortof cat food tan.
i'm hoping he really doesn't haveto take any more..it would give me less to try to dig around and find the money for. (which reminds me..i need to go balance my check book and see if there's enough to give the vet a little payment tomorrow).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Well let's know when you get the page set up? I'd can't wait to see the goodies you're
offering.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:00 pm

i'm aiming at this coming Weds..i'm off tomorrow and Mon. Work Tues,Thurs and Sat so i should get some things done by mid week.
damn,,,i shoulda bought an apple and a pear today..i've been making those little covers and the only thingsi have to put them on is a 'stress ball' type apple!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I thought of you when I saw an ad over the weekend for Cartier. It features a leopard and it's an incredible
ad. I should get off my lazy backside, find it and send it to you.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

was it a print ad? i was picturing it in my head as a tv ad! i haven't head it Cartier/Carter/CarterCat has come home or not. i'dlike to have him down here next to Buddy. i'd have to clear some shelf space but i really would like to have him down here (esp since nobody upstairs seemed to care for the poor thing. they remember him as the one who bit and scratched like crazy when they were trying to get them inside. and the last thing he was called (not by me!) was a douche bag. (i wouldn't even have called a human that...let alone a poor sick cat!)/

on another front fo those who aren't on FB...Salem doesn't have to go in for his ear cleanings and only have to go to see the vet for a check up one more time. He doesn't have to wear his cone...but when i catch him scratching his ear the cone goes back on. it will go on tonight before i go to bed and then stay on til i get home tomorpw.today he had it on til around noon..i gave him ihis medicine (he doesn'tlike it at all!) then gave him his wet food treat and he's had the cone off all day:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm

It's a tv ad and it is so cool.

Jeane, I'm so glad to hear that. Both of you must be so relieved.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

he looks much more comfrotable...but it won't be off for good until eveythbing is healed up enough that it won't bleed if he just casually scratches it.
let me know if you find it....i need to dig around You TUbe...i spent the weekend watching a Monkees Marathon and there's one episode i didn't see that i really love. i'm wondering if somebody has put it on YouTUbe. (its the one where the guys are testing out some toys if i remember right....that's all i can remember ..i havnet' seen it in well over a decade...think i caught it on some wacky regular tv channel when i lived in the south ..but it had to be about 15-20 yrs ago!).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

I am so glad Salem is healing well enough he doesn't have to keep going back to the vet every day. I bet he's happy to get that cone off too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Glad I stopped in here, I've got to start hunting for that ad on You Tube.
It's a great ad, if anybody beats me too it, please post it here.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum