Rescue Kitties

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rescue Kitties

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 pm

update on the nip;.......i took another picture today...one in the back on the far right and the one sort of in front of it (front row) are the ones that were in the earlier picture. the one to the far left in the back is the one that wasn't so messed up.

i just noticed that you can't even see the one to the front..there are little stems and leaves on that one! i've had to prop them up with twigs from the trees. the orangy pot is new seeds i planted only one tiny thing is starting to pop up. but i'm going to give it til the 4th of July before i stick new seeds in that pot;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Salem is one laid back cat. Speaking of nip, I should put some of your seeds in the
window boxes that Joysanna put out this year. I mean there is mint in there anyway.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 am

Beware of the mint... It goes everywhere. I had some get away from its pot and now it's taken over what used to be a flower bed by my back door. I don't mind since mint is pretty and smells great, but it is invasive. Then again, I guess nip falls into the same categories.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm

I love the smell of mint and catnip, just wish I could get either one to grow for me in a big pot. Guess my balcony doesn't get enough sunshine or something.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 pm

i think i snip mine down too much or maybe its just that i plant in pop bottles but my nip hasn't gone all over the place. i actually threw a little more dirt and some more seeds in the 'pots' cuz there are empty spots. but i do snip my nip a lot and it never goes to seed so mayhbe it doesn't spread.
i planted lavender as well but nothing is coming up in that bottle yet.

and yeah salem is pretty laid back....he gets hyped now and then, but he will lay in my lap for hours on end til i have to move him to get up!(he's pretty vocal too....when he wants something he will let ya know;) lately Toothpick has been silent meowing which doesn't get the same attention but is pretty funny and cute if you catch him doing it!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Have you ever tried carrying Salem in the pack or does he just go in it?
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:02 pm

it was new (well,thrift shop ..new to me) backpack that i had put on the bed to put my stuff into for the next day. he decided he wanted to investigate it and got at least half way then. then i unzipped it as far as it would go and sat his butt down to see if he'd fit. He's kinda heavy (19-20lbs) but i could carry him i'm sure. (carried a lot more than that on my back when i'm lugging home cat food!).

i think if i had to try to carry him in it though...like for an emergency etc....i'd put it around to the front with the straps to the back so of like one of those baby carriers. then i could hold him up and leave his head sticking out and he would feel better about it.

if i ever have my own place and get a younger kitty i'd probably get one of those backpacks i've seen people use in NYC...they're hard plastic have open areas for air.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Might not be a bad idea to practice with Salem in the backpack, just in case you ever have to do it for real. He might like "going for a lil ride" around the place in the backpack.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 pm

well,buddy used to ride around in the laundry basket and i've hauled salem around like that. i don't know about the backpack.
there's a sort of bed/house thing they have at the drugstore for $10 that i'm eye balling....i'm wondering if i could get the kitties to go into that (not to carry around...but maybe to get them to leave me a little room on the bed. (Someday i've got to take a pic of what little room they leave me at night...too bad i don't have somebody down here who can use a camera to take a shot of me trying to sleep;) (no...nobe doesn't know how to take a picture...her claws are too long!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Heehee! They aren't kitties. They're bed piggies. Laughing It sounds like the $10 thing might be something to try. It's amazing how much better you sleep when you can actually get comfortable. Just ask those kitties. THEY sure get comfy.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 am

I know every kitty gets very comfy and we peoples will contort ourselves all over the place so we won't disturb them. Who's got who trained, hmmmmm? Wink
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

oh yeah... three big black bed piggies and one tiger piggy! i don't know which ones are worst!
i'm really thinking of trying to get something where i can take a kitty or two safely outside to sit on the side deck to get some fresh air. the Rescue Kitties lived maybe 6 months or so outside and nobe has been inside since she was maybe a day old.(and nobe's never even gone out to the vet as far as i can tell...she's the only non 'fixed' kitty now that her mom is gone). the other day when i was taking clothes out she came to her little condo doorway and really looked like she wanted to out and see the sun. i can't even think of carrying one of them outside, but that thing i'm looking at at the drug store (i was looking at it last year as well but never got it...when i had a chance to get a ride home and the money to spare, they were all gone!) you can take outside. i don't think its sturdy enough to hold and carry more than one kitty but one kitty as a time would be fine.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am

Shame you didn't have one of those mesh-enclosed zipped up bike buggies..........one of those would hold several kitties safely, let them look out, and enjoy the fresh air. My sis used to take her kitties in one for a ride around the neighborhood, and the neighbors would all stare. The kitties loved it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 pm

we have had or might still have them at the store but 1) they're too expensive (I think more expensive than even the strollers made for critters and 2)I don't have a bike to hook one up to.i suppose i could sort of make it into one of those rickshaw type things like they have in NYC but i'd look like an even bigger idiot than i already do walking down the street.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Way back in the day, my parents had one of those for us. It didn't have the zip cover though. I think it was called a bugger. I remember sitting in it with my sister and freezing while my parents were all hot from peddling up the hills. (LOL)

I think a rickshaw for kitties would be great. But, you're right Jeane. People would point and stare. Then again, as we all know, people can be awfully rude when they're jealous. Wink
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 pm

oh they wouldn't know there were cats in there...would probably think i was one of the overly indulgent soccer moms around here. (after all, they wheel their jr high age kid's backpacks down the street for them while the kid yaps on their cell phone or plays the gameboy! (i haven't seen these folks in a few years...i think the kids finally went into HS).
as for comments...honestly,i get enough things yelled out windows at me. its getting worse than it was when i lived in the south (and was the minority in my hood)
i haven't priced one of those stroller things in years....one night when i'm bored i'll have to go searching just to see what they are now.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 pm

wish i could stil upload pics from cell to the computer cuz i woulda had a good pic just now...
i'm sitting here and from the corner of my eye i see one of those grocery tote bags floating around on the floor. i look down and the bag has a tail....a LONG skkkkkiiiinnny tail. Yep...Toothpicky had the handle around his middle and was walking around like there was nothing wrong.
crazy old puss...he had to dig around in the laundry room to get that thing cuz its been a laundry bag for months!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 am

I don't think a photo could do just to the picture that just flashed
through my mind.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 pm

LOL...........what a visual!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 pm

well,i could always draw it like the pickle jar incident;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm picturing an outfit kind of like Daisy the Curly Cat models only goofy. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 pm

oh i think Toothpick and Harley (Daisy's 'brother'?)would get along fine:)

here is something i saw on FB tonight that i think is cute and funny...
http://i44.tinypic.com/4jb2w6.jpg
esp like the O.O one! B(or is it O_O)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't caught with that at all.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:14 pm

i never thought of cats as emoticons before....the only cat ones i thought about were =^.,.^= and <;3 )~ (man i had to search for that ~...it wasn't in the usual place on this keyboard!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 am

Couldn't see it, computer filter blocked the page entirely.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum