more Gateway adventures

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: more Gateway adventures

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 pm

is that what brought them? i hadn't seen a one of those needle nosed bugs all summer until last night when i went outside to warm up at dusk. i think they got about a pint out of me before i went back inside.
by the way, the Rescue Kitties don't hear the booms unless they're HUGE because we live in the basement. But they do sometimes like to stand in the door and look at the rain through the railings of the deck upstairs.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Skeeters are lil winged demons from hell I tell ya, I hate them...........Bij
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:04 pm

We've had a continued drought here in the Southland for, well, years really, with short respites. Whenever it rains, a day later you can count on skeeters. And believe me, the ones that can pounce that quickly on favorable circs are the most determined of the bunch. Nasty! I think we have new, more aggressive kinds now we didn't have when I was a kid. But Gateway, if you really are seeing giant skeeters, they're probably just skeeter eaters (actually Crane Flies) and they can't hurt you! Sadly, they don't actually eat skeeters either. Neutral

~Tia Suze

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:18 pm

so far we haven't seen any of those nasty things either. We've had flighty things
that I like to chase. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh no! These really are mosquitoes. They bite. Meowmy squished one that was on Sabi and it went SPLAT. It was gross. When we get purricanes, Meowmy says the big things blow over from the Eastern Shore. It has been very wet here. It was dry earlier this year and we didn't have the nasty biters. But, now that it's been very wet, they are everywhere. Meowmy says she wishes they would just go AWAY!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 am

I hope they do too. I remember my sis' first husband had a tshirt that read Louisiana State Bird and it pictured a mosquito. He said they were as big as birds there too. Very nasty buggers.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Surely we talked at length about skeeter control in past lives forums. Mostly what I remember is that most wide-control measures (for individuals) were expensive and had differing results. I suspect that your best bet with the horses is fans in the barn at night. Cats, humans, and horses in the field are at their mercy. I hate them.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 pm

We have FLEAS too. Meowmy bought some pills and some wet stuff to put on our furs. The fleas are dying, but they are biting before they do. I hope they are dead soon. I hate fleas worse than I hate mosquitoes.

(B's turn) We have a Mosquito Magnet, which does a pretty good job in regular mosquito time. We have TONS more since the hurricane and TS Lee rain. I use a repellant spray on the horses that works against flies and mosquitoes. It seems to help. I definitely am keeping them under their fans at night.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:37 pm

That's the one good thing about mosquitoes: they're poor fliers so a simple fan is more than sufficient to keep them off you. Fleas are anther story however....
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 am

I tried one of those Off fan things yesterday. They work well during the low mosquito times. During dawn/dusk, nothing works!

Gateway here. Our fleas are DEAD! My meowmy says that she needs to get more Advantage so we can have an extra dose in a few weeks. She still has some CapStar in case some more try to get us. We are very happy and slept very well. PURRRRRRRRR!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 am

Tonio here, I had a really bad case at the start of summer. Meowmy took me to have my tummy
fur clipped. I didn't like but she said it was all matted and the EVIL ONES were living in them. So had to take
a pill and have Advantage put me too. I don't like my tummy brushed so my fur gets all matted.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:39 pm

I am lucky. I have short furs, so I don't need my tummy brushed too much. I do like it when Meowmy pets my tummy though. I don't like any kind of brushings, so she bought a special mitten that has a nice scratcher.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Ma says those cats before me and some dogs had fleas and she had to use that drop stuff and even those pills one time. She said the worst was when they came back after a few weeks. One dog we had for a year had flea allergies, and she had to use the drops every 2 weeks because waiting 3 weeks was too long. Sheesh! I don't get fleas, never have. Ma says I'm some kind of freak miracle.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Very glad to hear your fleas are all dead now Gateway! Very Happy

Bij had fleas when the shelter first found him, but after they got rid of them he hasn't had any since, thank Heavens!

fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm

I had fun today. My meowmy stayed home to work so I got to play outside. The weather was nice and the breeze was blowing. The leaves are starting to come down from the trees and I got to CHASE them. It was so fun.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Gateway!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 am

We're back, furry friends! Our meowmy says we were offline because our satellite equipment died. I don't know what that means, but I do know that I couldn't talk to you. I was sad. Yesterday, Meowmy came home with some boxes and crawled around plugging things into the wall. Then she said all kinds of bad words trying to do something with things called WiFi networks and wireless modems. She said that things were not made for Macs and it made her mad. I don't know what a Mac is, do you? It sounds like a hamburger from that place with red signs. I love hamburgers! When she got things working, she did a happy dance, but she wouldn't let me talk to you. She hogged the computer!

I'm glad to be back. I will share my adventures again now that it's nice outside and I can climb colorful trees. It's fun to climb up and make the leaves fall down. I get to pounce the leaves from inside the tree. It's FUN!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Lol! Just be sure your feets have a landing place along the tree branches before you pounce, okay? cat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 pm

I know what a Mac is. Meowmy has a Mac book. It's not really a book, she taps on it and words
and pictures appear, sometimes noise. It's how we talk to y'all. cat
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Oh! My meowmy calls that a puter. I wish it was a hamburger though. cat
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok... Fellow kitties, my home has been INVADED! There are barkypersons here and they are obnoxious. They think they can come in and take over my lying down spots. They leave funny smells on things. They make me puff. My meowmy says they will be going home tomorrow, but that's not soon enough for me. How do you friends with barkyperson brothers and sisters do it? Have you trained them to be acceptable company? I think that would be a lifetime of work.

(Meowmy here... The doggies really are nice. They aren't being obnoxious beyond making me put the kitty food in places that they can't reach. They've snacked on kitty crunchies a couple times, but they haven't growled once.)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Gateway, Weezer here. I have lived with Shop Dog most of my life and, quite honestly, she's a pretty nice dog. But I will never admit it!! Evil or Very Mad I see pictures all the time of dogs and cats who cuddle and hang out together, but I just don't believe it. Dogs are put on this earth to be hissed and swatted at. The end. Well, maybe not quite the end. If you live with them long enough you can figure out how to torment them, too, like sitting placidly just in front of where they want to go. If you've laid your hissing & swatting groundwork properly, they will be afraid to go past you. Twisted Evil

But that does take time. With any luck your barky invaders will be gone tomorrow, way before you must resort to such measures. Probably no need, in this case, to pee in your Mom's shoes to express your displeasure.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

Now Gateway, is that any way to treat houseguests? I know they're barkypersons, but they can be houseguests too. Now be a good host, treat them well, and pray for their speedy departure.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

My house is mine again. My meowmy is kind of sad. She said she wanted her meowmy to stay, but at least the barkypersons are gone. My foods were in the right spot and nobody was making loud sounds going up and down the stairs. Those barkies would make so much noise!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 pm

You mean those barkys belonged to your Ma's Ma? Goodness gracious. What are Grandma's coming to??
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum