Name your favorite strips (other than Mutts, of course)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Name your favorite strips (other than Mutts, of course)!

Post by Magdalene on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 am

I have so many favorites, I don't know where to begin!

9 Chickweed Lane
Buckles
Dog Eat Doug
Heart In The City
Lio
Mythtickle
Red and Rover
Rose Is Rose

The above are my favorite current strips, but I subscribe to Comics.com, Daily Ink, and GoComics, so I spend about an hour a day reading comics.
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Re: Name your favorite strips (other than Mutts, of course)!

Post by fiffur on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 pm

I spend about an hour a day reading strips online too! But my list is much more extensive, I'll try to list them all: Mutts, Red and Rover, Dog Eat Doug, Pickles, Brevity, Kit N Carlyle, Bob the Squirrel, Arctic Circle, Buckles, Crankshaft, Deflocked, Rhymes with Orange, Retail, Cats with Hands, Spot the Frog, Tundra, Scary Gary, On a Claire Day, Pooch Cafe, Little Dog Lost, Garfield, Raising Duncan, Ballard Street, Close to Home, Speed Bump, Lio, The Other Coast, Herman, Off the Mark, Lola, Luann, Marmaduke, Chuckle Brothers, The Barn, Free Range, Safe Havens, Bizarro, Better Half, Bound & Gagged, Loose Parts, Curtis, Marvin, Cornered, Hi and Lois, Non Sequitor, Real Life Adventures, Reality Check, Single and Looking, The Flying McCoys, Stone Soup, Pooch Cafe, That's Life, The Buckets, Zach Hill...............I know there's a couple more but can't think of the names.

Is it any wonder I spend so much time reading comics? What better way to start the day but with a few laughs? Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:51 pm

I read Garfield, Speed Bump, Bizarro, Foxtrot, and occasionally Zits.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 pm

i get a bunch of strips sent to me every day but i delete a clump without reading cuz they started to bore me. but i read Red and Rover and Sheldon every day (as well as two different Mutts..one from the Mutts folks and one from a arcmedia which is the current daily one). those three are very consistant with making me smile,laugh or think:)

of course i read a lot of odd comics in paper form as well...like Mimi's Doughnuts and the stuff from the Hills and Trees group. and some stuff that comes sporadically from folks i've met through the art fest (and from people who know people i've met at artfest).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 am

fiffur wrote:I spend about an hour a day reading strips online too! But my list is much more extensive, I'll try to list them all: Mutts, Red and Rover, Dog Eat Doug, Pickles, Brevity, Kit N Carlyle, Bob the Squirrel, Arctic Circle, Buckles, Crankshaft, Deflocked, Rhymes with Orange, Retail, Cats with Hands, Spot the Frog, Tundra, Scary Gary, On a Claire Day, Pooch Cafe, Little Dog Lost, Garfield, Raising Duncan, Ballard Street, Close to Home, Speed Bump, Lio, The Other Coast, Herman, Off the Mark, Lola, Luann, Marmaduke, Chuckle Brothers, The Barn, Free Range, Safe Havens, Bizarro, Better Half, Bound & Gagged, Loose Parts, Curtis, Marvin, Cornered, Hi and Lois, Non Sequitor, Real Life Adventures, Reality Check, Single and Looking, The Flying McCoys, Stone Soup, Pooch Cafe, That's Life, The Buckets, Zach Hill...............I know there's a couple more but can't think of the names.

Is it any wonder I spend so much time reading comics? What better way to start the day but with a few laughs? Very Happy

I just listed my favorites! I'll post my entire reading list at some point, fi I can stop reading long enough! Laughing
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 pm

It is a pretty extensive list, isn't it? I also read Sheldon..........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm

when i think of it, i scroll down a bit on the Retail page of Seattle PI and click on Rhymes with Orange. that's usually pretty good.
i can't get into the Sat strips of Sheldon..i think i need to wait til he puts it in a book and read it all at once.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 pm

It hasn't been showing up in the daily strip emails? I've had no problem reading them so far. Saturday is usually a Drive strip.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 pm

no i meant i can't 'get into' as in 'i'm not involved enough in'. they come in the mail but there are weeks when i don't read them at all and weeks when i read them and can sort of understand what's going on.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I read Close To Home, Flight Deck, The Flying McCoys and Tundra.

All of those are one panel strips.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 am

Oh yeah, Tundra is usually pretty consistantly funny.

I'm loving the current Retail storyline, getting the store AC fixed............loved Cooper's way of getting management to get that done faster!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 pm

i've forwarded this week's ac at Retail link to a couple friends who work at other places that have the same heat issues as i'm having where i work. it sounds bad, but its good to know that its something that is universal. I used to work in the receiving room of the store in TX so i know just how hot those guys are!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

How did you like today's strip? When I worked at the plasma center they had no AC and no windows to open either. Only one box fan, reserved for the donation floor. One day I passed out 3 times from the heat and the donors thought I'd passed out from donating blood, not just the heat. I was whiter than the lab coat I was wearing. And the chart room at the clinic where I worked as a temp as a clerk had no AC either. It was amazing how hot a basement can get in mid-summer!

fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 pm

naw,i'm made of stuff too strong to faint.

sheldon's been pretty good this week with the spiders in the bathtub. i get spiders not only in the tub upstairs but above the and around the sink in my wc and round the washer and sink in the laudry room. i've started to wonder if they dance on my toothbrush when i turn out the light.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:54 pm

You never know................

Today's Retail was a hoot! I see Cooper wasn't too happy to find out the breaker was flipped off for his stockroom's fans..............now I wonder who did that? **sarcastic tone**
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum