How's the weather?

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How's the weather?

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Another 90 degree day, so the streak continues. There was a brief downpour yesterday that lasted ten minutes if that. Fiffur, we can always use the surplus rain that you have where you are.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm

i'm soooooo freakin sick of dripping as i walk home. i mean literally i was DRIPPING sweat off my face and arms before i got to the driveway.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Relief is coming, slowly, but it is coming. Our cooler weather came on the heels of the drenching downpours with the high heat. We're now looking at almost a week of only lower 80's with lower humidity. Much better IMHO. I slept so good with the window open last night, until it started raining again.

Even with fans going, I still wake up with rain storms. Pounding on the roof makes too much noise for me I guess, but then I am only a few feet from the rooftop and I'm sure it echoes in the attic above me. The stove vent rattles too with the rain.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Much, much nicer. We actually got down to 56 last night! Shocked Amazing considering we're in the beginning of August.............unless we're going to get a very early winter this year. Heaven forbid...
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:27 pm

another dripping walk home!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:15 am

that was mostly the humidity
rather nice this morning. 70 deg, not so humid cool breeze.. up to 84 today
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Well the streak is over. cheers It's still in the high nineties but you would be
amazed what a ten degree difference will make.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:08 pm

I think Monday was the last twenty something consecutive day of 90 degree weather. Now it's more comfortable.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:52 am

In a word: gorgeous! Good sleeping weather too. It's a bit gloomy today, all overcast. Supposed to get up to 80 today with rain tonight. I have a feeling the rain will show up sooner than that.....

We're back in the broiler by next weekend...........just in time for me to go back to work the following week.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

not bad yet again....i sat outside for alittle while to read and warm up. didn't stay as long as usual because of the heat but i think its more the TIME i was out than the heat. i usually sit out closer to 11-1:00 but i was watching a stupid movie and didn't get out there til after 2:00.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Got a bit humid yesterday and a tad warm, about 80, but mom and I went out for dinner anyway after her dr appt. Just as we were ready to leave the restaurant we hear a big BOOM..........followed by torrential downpours. Restaurant was packed and they needed the table and I'd left my umbrella in the car. Used a piece of newspaper to cover my head (so I could see--hard to see with wet glasses as blind as I am), practically got soaked getting to the car, got the umbrella, went back to retrieve mom (who huddled under the umbrella with me to the car), had to get in the back seat since she couldn't get in the passenger side (some idiot parked too close!), and said "I knew there was a reason why I still love you." Poured so hard driving home I nearly had to pull over. Of course the moment we got home the rain quit.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:32 pm

not bad....i nearly didn't have to wring myself out when i got home today. but i think that rain is going to be here tonight.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm

It's a cold front and we didn't hit ninety today and it RAINED!!!
Less than an inch but ir was RAIN!!!
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:01 am

A nasty storm line came through last night and I don't know how much rain we got. See crisis thread about what took place at the state fair last night. Yes, we are fine and no, we weren't at the fair last night.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

i thought i heard thunder last night...well i was told it started raining last night around 7:00...and it hasn't stopped since! the turnpike was flooded across in parts and half way across in other parts. i got drenched on my walk home. thankfully i had old beat up shoes in my locker cuz i wore those home. there's no way my work shoes would be dry by the morning if i'd worn those...i was walking through 'puddles' that were up to my ankles!
(the new saying here in NJ is "turn around, don't drown' for people driving in these flooding conditions!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

We got another monsoonlike waves of torrential downpour Saturday afternoon and evening. Whent he lightening and thunder started Bij was hiding in his cubebed. Then the safety of my lap. That storm was horrible, don't blame him for being scared. I thought the windows were going to blow out on us.

Today it's nice out. As I type this it's 75 and not very humid at all. Only going up to maybe 83 today. Then down to around 61 tonight. No rain until Wednesday in the forecast. So not bad at all.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

rained very hard all Saturday night and yesterday, I think we set a record, NYC had between 8 to 12 inched , depending on where you were. some area had flooding. I heard on the radio that they were debating whether this storm could be designated as a tropical storm. still gray out and chance of thunderstorns any time today tonight or tomorrow
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 pm

its raining and raining but if they consider this thing a tropical storm those news people are on drugs! the rain hasn't been torrential just plain heavy rain. (I've been in some of that when i lived in TX....that rain is as deep as a heavy fog....i couldn't see three feet in front of me....gawd i don't want to have to go through that again!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:35 pm

The waves of rain we've been getting lately remind me of Florida in the summertime. So hard and so fast you literally can't see across the street, and it can't soak into the ground fast enough.

Today is a little warmer, but still very nice compared to what we had last month roasting. Rain predicted for late tonight into tomorrow.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:44 pm

well, most of the time it was a steady, hard rain, but we did get that tropical rain effect several times during the almost 24 hours of rain we had. Still raining on and off today, with a chance of t storms .
I have to say the sleeping weather was wonderful the last two nights. i didn't need a fan at all, in fact i woke up this morning almost chilly

I am NOT complaining.

Sue, congratulations on cooler weather, and rain. Wish we could have sent you some of ours., we had over double the avereage NYC monthly rainfall in one day
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

nice out there today....i dried the two sets of insoles i have in my sneakers and have the shoes sitting out there still trying to dry them out. i sat out for about 2-21/2 hrs this afternoon reading and will try to get back out there for another hour of reading before it gets dark! (need to read as much as i can today so i don' thave to skim on Thurs to get the book finished to take back!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 am

About the same as yesterday........only a bit more humid. NO rain so far.......but it's coming according to the weather map I looked at online. Hope it's not another gullywasher, seems to be all we get these days.

66 this morning at sunup.........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm

hot today and more rain coming tomorrow. i just HOPE the rain holds off til i get home tomorrow. i need to stop at the library and don't to be soaked through just going over there.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

looks like on and off rain for the next 4 days, daily temps around 85 night 70
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:01 pm

no rain today...yet. but hot and sweaty this afternoon. i think the rain is due tomorrow.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum