would this be considered a cat bomb?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

would this be considered a cat bomb?

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

this came in on my facebook stuff...check out the story about the box of kittens left as a social security office that the idiots inside the office called the bomb squad on! I hope i never have to deal with those folks...don't sound very compassionant to me!
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Bomb-Squad-Diffuses-Box-Full-of-Kittens-105541978.html
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: would this be considered a cat bomb?

Post by Sue Short on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I agree with you there.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Same here, I think I would've listened a moment before calling out the bomb squad. Obviously those folks didn't bother, and didn't care either. I hope someone with compassion finds the lil guy who ran away and give him a great home. And the other one who ended up at the animal shelter: that someone adopts him in a heartbeat!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Now, lets get real here, folks. In this day and age, if some character sneaks up, deposits an unmarked box in front of your place of business then slinks away, what are you going to do? Rush out and put your ear to it in case it's full of kittens? No! You're going to call 911! Let the Bomb Squad put THEIR ear to it. That's what they're for!

Of course it was outrageous that some idiot did such a stupid, hurtful thing! I can't imagine what he was thinking; there are dozens of possiblilities ranging from sheer stupidity to pranks to evil to some twisted logic of his own. That one of the kits ran off just breaks my heart! But remember, we're not talking about the front steps of the local animal shelter where such things might be expected. I simply cannot blame the folks at the Social Security office for doing their best to protect themselves and their clients. They probably deal with disgruntled people every day. How could they know how innocent this was?

Edit: On the upside, since the newsfolks picked this up as a "funny" story, those kits will probably get adopted in a flash. Maybe even some of the big hearted people who go to the shelter to inquire will make a home for some other kit or goggie that's been waiting a whole lot longer. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:30 pm

i hope they found the second one...according to the story there were two but one got away and it didn't sound like they spent much time looking for it.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm

I hope someone found the lil kit and adopted it. I know the folks at the SS office or bomb squad didn't look very hard, but the local neighbors might not that they've heard the story.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:14 pm

and just a few days later here in NJ on a rainy day under all the tar and asphalt on the parking lot,inside a pipe someone heard three little kittens crying. don't know how many folks it took to get them out but they got out and will be up for adoption by next week i believe. there were about 20 minutes from floating away in the sewer water.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum