Feral for life

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Feral for life

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Sounds like a good plan, keep those dogs guessing and the kitties safe.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:12 am

Well I didn't start making the relocation like I planned too. It's also official, Oreo has been dumped.
Her owner moved and son in law and daughter have no interest in the cat. So I'm now working to rehome her.
I will also start to make sure she gets breakfast. Anyway over here it was her, Sport and Boomer. GW on the other
side. I didn't make the retirement run tonight but I did make the Great Kibble Run, nothing at the Baylor stations and Sam and
Mom at B&G.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Poor Oreo! I wish I could take her............ Does Antonio like her at all, even a lil bit?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Ok, everybody, cross paws, fingers and ((((((((FUREVER HOME VIBES))))))))) that Oreo had found a home
with Ed and his son. Ed meet her last night and was telling me that Conner really missed his cat that was killed
when she escaped last winter. Conner is hyperactive but with the cats he is slow and gentle. Oreo took to Ed last
night and was very loving to Conner tonight. I told them if it didn't work out she could come back and live with the
Wild Bunch, Speaking of which due to watering the gardens and side yard everybody ate across the street.

No sightings at the first two Baylor stops and only Sam at B&G. I didn't leave food at the side door for Mom
because there was cleaning crew in the building. There is food and water at the usual spot though.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 am

I hope it works out for Oreo.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

So do I. ((((((((((((((((((FOREVER HOME VIBES)))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Well so far so good. Right now she is staying in one room and has shown no indication of wanting to
go back outside. She doesn't like Ed's dogs which is understandable.

Sport doesn't know what to make of all this. He is even more skittish without Oreo but
I think he will come around. He didn't finish dinner tonight. Tomorrow night is food will be the
last I put out before I make the Run. Tonight it was nothing at the two Baylor stops, At B&G the raccoons came
a running when I pulled in. Sam was sitting in the middle of the street and I saw Mom and kittens at the
house across the street.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 pm

OhLord, now you have raccoons giving you the wetfood revue............ Rolling Eyes
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 am

Well Fif, at this station it's the dry food dance. Tonight no raccoons just Sam and I saw
Mom and three kittens, at least I think it was three. It's hard to tell in low lighting and they
are black. I put food down for Sam and food for Mom in another place. The first two stops were a wash
out. I really need to talk to Christine about dropping them. I'll see, I'll give it to at least Labor Day.

Here it was Sport. He was less skittish tonight. Last night I think he was uneasy because Oreo
was missing and I tried to get him to eat closer to the house behind the recycling bins. I tried to
feed him under the picnic table and he wouldn't go for that either. So I feed him in the open like I normally do.
GW and Boomer came running to greet me when I went across the street. I think Tabby is back, it was dusk almost
dark when I saw him, he was Ole back porch. So I put a scant handful of food out on my back porch, it was gone when
I went out to check.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 pm

If you very gradually move Sport's spot he might not be so skittish about it. He missed Oreo obviously, she must've added to his courage and now that's missing. Shame he doesn't understand she got a home.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Didn't make the Run tonight, long story will post it later under crisis.
Did take care of the Wild Bunch. Didn't see Tabby, did see Sport, GW and
Boomer. Everybody is was chowing down and in good shape
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 am

Glad you saw your three regulars. Do you get to see Oreo often now that she has a home?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Haven't seen her but I'm sure she is fine or Ed would have said something. Tonight I went to
see the son in law of my upstairs neighbors perform. His style of music reminds me of George Strait with a little Dave Guard thrown in.
So the feeding schedule was off, still Sport showed up looking for a snack and GW oddly enough was on the upstairs
porch. I left some dry kibble out and I will pick it up in about an hour or so. At least they will have a little something in
their tummies.

Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:14 am

Tonight we are back on track. I fed Sport about nine, I think that is better than waiting till I start loading
the van. This way he has an hour to eat in peace. I'll still feed the other side at 10. I may start putting a small
snack on the back porch to see of Tabby shows back up.

On the run tonight nothing at the first two stops. Saw Mom, I forgot to tell Christine that I want to trap Sunday the
10th. No point in doing it next Sunday, next weekend is labor day.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Shame you can't find a home for Sport now. Does it sem like he still misses Oreo?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Fif, Sport will never be anyone's pet. He's just too wild.

Interesting development on the home front. Set a bowl of kibble on the
back porch for Tabby. Opened the front door a little after nine and there was
Tabby instead of Sport. So i put food out for both. Went out around 10 and one bowl was empty
and the other one nibbled on. I took that bowl and two others across the street and there was Sport
along with GW.

As to the run same as last night, except no Sam X. Left food and water for both. Mom
meet me and had scarfed just about all of her portion down by the time I left. I'm sure she'll
find the other food and water.

Last edited by Sue Short on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed wording, changed It's to He's)
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Maybe Sport prefers kitty company when he eats. Or the added safety of extra ears to listen for trouble while he's eating............who knows. Does Tabby get close when you put the food down, or sing for you yet?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:05 am

The home front is now confusing. Tabby should up again tonight after nine so I put food out for
him no Sport. At 10 go across the street and Sport is lounging on the sidewalk but spooks when some
one opens their front door. Left three bowls down, come back across the street and there is Sport waiting on
the retaining wall. There was still some food left down from where Tabby had snacked. I put a scant hand full
down on the back porch, so hopefully somebody has found that and snacked. Boomer and Gw were there for there
share.

As for the run, nothing at the first two stops. At the B&G clubs. I saw Mom lounging across the street. I think she was waiting for
the cleaning crew to leave. She has been known to come eat while they are there. I think I saw the kits too. So ends tonight's
adventure.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Sounds like now that Oreo is gone Sport's not quite sure where he's supposed to be to eat anymore. Poor lil guy.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Things have gone all crazy in their world. Poor little ones. But, at least Oreo found a home. That's a good thing, and the others will establish a new routine soon enough.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Y'all this cat has found a wonderful. Ed says that Conner just dotes on her and she returns
the love. According to Ed that her favorite place to sleep is Conner's bed.

As you can tell I'm back from the Run. Nada, nothing at all the stops. I didn't even see
anybody across the street. On the home front, Boomer was camped out at my front door. So I
gave him a snack around nine and then feed the rest right before I left. Sport and GW were across
the street. I put down three bowls just to make sure that they got enough. I left a bowl on this side
in case Tabby showed up. Saw him right after I came from making sure the Lair was locked up. He was
near the pecan tree, looked liked he had eaten. He yawned when I spoke to him. There is kibble in the back
porch in case anybody wants a snack.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:10 pm

At least everybody you usually see got something to eat. I'm so glad Oreo is so happy in her new home. She deserves the good life after the horrible mistreatment and dumping she's gone through recently.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Didn't make the Run. Van was low on petrol and while I put some gas in it really does need
to be filled. Joysanna has been swamped, one of her grandchildren is in hospital.

The local crew has been fed Of all things Sport was sitting in the middle of the vacant lot looking
towards my front door. This was a little after 8, so I went ahead and fed him. Tabby showed up about
9.30 so I fed him. Around 10 I went and fed across the street. Only GW was there, I put down a couple of
bowls so she should have plenty. Here endth tonight's adventures.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Tonight I feed Sport and Tabby around nine maybe a little after. Then feed across the street
at ten. Boomer was there being a freeloader, GW was also there so everybody is feed. Since it's
Saturday no Great Kibble Run.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Tonight's report is no sightings at the first Baylor stop. At the second Baylor stop
I saw what looked to be a gray cat(hard to tell in the lighting) having a drink from the run
off from the sprinklers. Refilled the water bowl. At the B&G spotted two black cats. One was the
Mom, while skittish will let me approach to put food and water down. The other was under one of the
buses. I put food down there also. There was a black kitten across the street. Time to get the traps out.

Here it was Sport and Tabby. Across the street it was GW, Boomer and then Sport also showed up. I don't
if he got any extra or not. When I got back, Tabby was hanging about so I put a handful of kibble.

Almost forgot, have an update on Oreo. Conner has named her Abby and she is doing fantastic, The lameness is
gone and she has settled in with no desire to venture out. sunny
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: